[SOLVED]problem with self added user from login app (scriptcase security module)

Maybe I didn’t explain the issue so clear. You are right. I expect the same. The problem is that when a new user self register with the login application of the SC security module, the code doesn’t put anything in the field “Activ” of corresponding record in the table sec_users. I would expect it writes a ‘N’ value in it. I think it isn’t a major problem because the security code checks for an explicit ‘Y’ value to take a decision at run time on whether or not to grant access for the specific application.

But the problem emerges when an administrative user wants to edit the data of the new user with the corresponding application of the SC security module. The field Activ (which is displayed in a radio button) showed the wrong value “Activ” which represents a ‘Y’ value. This occurs because the code doesn’t expect a blank value in this field. It only expects a ‘Y’ or ‘N’ value.

Best Regards,

Felipe

Well think about it

By allowing someone to add themselves automatically to a system
Don’t you want to determine what they can do?
So leaving them inactive would be prudent thing to do

This is what I think they were thinking about when they coded it
Glad I could help

Kevin

I believe you can set a default in the form or on the table column

Kevin

[QUOTE=Kdriscoll;15205]I believe you can set a default in the form or on the table column

Kevin[/QUOTE]

yup u sure can, select “Edit Fields” and then select the Active field and “DB value (Insert)” should then be “Defined Value” and just add the N there