[SOLVED] Redeployment vs. Deployment process

I have deployed my initial project and now I need to re-deploy specific applications not the entire project and I need to know what is the easiest.

If I do a complete deployment again do I just unzip the file into the main application folder on the server?.

If I only do a partial deployment will the “unzip” take care of replacing the existing folders for the modified apps on the server? .

What is the difference between "deploy and “Export applications”, do I just want to do an “export” as oppossed to a “partial-deployment”???

Re: Redeployment vs. Deployment process

[quote author=javierx1 link=topic=2063.msg6554#msg6554 date=1289599485]
What is the difference between "deploy and “Export applications”, do I just want to do an “export” as oppossed to a “partial-deployment”??? [/quote]

deploy => export to install an application
export => export to another scriptcase installation or backup

Thanks for replying, I still have the pressing questions:

I am assuming I need to do a deploy of the modules I changed right?.

How do you “replace old code” with new code when making changes to an installed application.

Yes.

Deploy only the changed modules and copy this over the old installation (overwrite the old modules) …

This is a SO operation, not a ScriptCase operation.
If you have a file that is old and you overwrite with the new one, the new one remains.
So, only deploy the applications that you have changed and extract on the server to replace the old ones.

Thanks for the reply seems easy enough,.

[RESOLVED] This is no longer an issue for me.

Thanks for your feedback.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann