[SOLVED] Scriptcase 8 Project Import Bug (After Update)

Hello,

I updated my scriptcase 8 to the latest version. However, after the update I can’t import the projects I exported previous to the update.

Please refer to the attached image for the error message.

Is there a way to downgrade scriptcase?

Thank you very much.

scv8_import_problem.png

It’s not a bug, just it’s not the way to do.

You can’t import a project from a different SC version. You have to do a conversion first from the old SC database.

If you have access to SC7 folder, follow the conversion steps, if not, install SC7, import your project and convert.

http://www.scriptcase.net/blog/version-8-faq-en/

http://support.scriptcase.net/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/627/0/starting-the-conversion-process-of-scriptcase-8

As suggestion to NM, could be great if import proccess detect version, warning about it, and provide the possibility to convert in this process.

Ok sir, but what I said is that :

I updated my scriptcase 8 to the latest version.

It was not an upgrade but an update. Say for example, from “Scriptcase Version 8.00.0006” to “Scriptcase Version 8.00.0007.”

Basically, it’s still a Scriptcase 8 project. So, the way to do it is to import the project.

Also, there’s no option to convert projects from Scriptcase Version 8.00.0006 to Scriptcase Version 8.00.0007.

Seth,

I will ask the test manager to check up on this. Thanks for posting.

Seth,

Talking to the guys from the DEV that was a bug in one of our previous versions and it was already fixed, once you exported in the broken version you will need to do this in order to fix it…

• Open the .zip file from your export
  • Find and open the file named indice.bkp with your notepad
  • Replace the header of it from v7 to v8 like in the sample below:

v8
ScriptCase Backup
start>>>
publish__@BKP@Agroplos:Agropolos
publish
@BKP@Agropolos:Agropolos
publish
@BKP@__Agropolos:SISDA

Save it, and try to import inside Scriptcase. Give us a feedback about it.

Thank you Carlos, for this steps.

I tried it and it works. I’ll be posting again if anything goes wrong.

By the way, will the procedures be the same in importing applications from the previous versions?

Thank you very much.

Hello,

do not need to perform this manual procedure in future releases. This bug has been resolved. Thank you.

Bug still exist

[QUOTE=Thomas Soares;28670]Hello,

do not need to perform this manual procedure in future releases. This bug has been resolved. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

No it hasn’t! I still have the same problem since SC v8 was implemented.

When trying to import an old project created in SC v7 or even in a minor SC v8 version, I always receive the red error message:

This project wasn’t created with SC v8!

[QUOTE=De Sena;29459]No it hasn’t! I still have the same problem since SC v8 was implemented.

When trying to import an old project created in SC v7 or even in a minor SC v8 version, I always receive the red error message:

This project wasn’t created with SC v8![/QUOTE]

Hello,

You are using a file (export) created in version 7? If it is, will never work, you need to convert first.

I await your response.

Thank you!

I export a project from 8.00025, then import to 8.0037 ver. No problem to import but when try to compile I get this “Fatal error: Cannot redeclare nm_normalize_fld_name() (previously declared in /opt/NetMake/v81/wwwroot/scriptcase/devel/lib/php/functions.inc.php:7811) in/opt/NetMake/v81/wwwroot/scriptcase/devel/compat/nm_import.inc.php on line 0

Could you help me! This is driving me crazy because is a almost finished project!

Hello,

We are checking the problem. If possible, tell us more details about the problem.
Is there a step by step?

Initially, I ask that you try to update ScriptCase again.

Hello,

Did you try to update ScriptCase again?

Yes, I update to 511 update 8.00037, that solved the problem, thanks, very good support :slight_smile:

I have same issues. I need to restore some Apps backed up just about month ago and get errors. It is really necessary to take a close look at the backup/restore procedures. If we cannot restore projects properly then the whole SC is useless.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]n67494[/ATTACH]

backup_bugs.png