[SOLVED]Upload Image does work

I think it has been reported to day already (I am not sure) but in a form the field "upload image, file does not work.
I stays saying : there has no selected an image…
Or do I do something wrong?
I need urgently a solution for this. Please help. A workaround is ok for the moment.

Regards Bert Steinebach, Zwolle NL

If you can store the image as a blob in the database then it works. At least it does here. I’ll try to confirm your issue.

Hi Albert,
Changed the fieldtype in MySQL to BLOB and generated a new form. Still it does not work.
What I want is to upload a file (*.jpg) to a directory on the server and store the filename in the database.
In SC I choose for Data Type: image (filename)…I hope this is the rigth way to go.

Regards Bert

Hi Bert,
If you make the field a blob, you need to set the image of type database. This will not store the image as a file but in the database. This works. I’ll try to find some time today to checkout the file stuff. We have a lot of problems with file uploads so I guess these are related. But I also know that SC is currently working on a fix but you never know when it’s ready…

Hi Bert,
I created a database with key id (autosequence) and image (varchar(50)).
Created a form with these fields, left the directory/folder empty
Set the field aspects to 150x150
Generated.
Added a picture…
See screenshot. It works as expected. So what are you doing differently?

demo.jpg

Image type filename!! is for storing the file in a directory. Image type database is for storing it in a blob. So I guess that is your mistake. You should find your image file back in your _lib dir somewhere.

Hi Albert & rr,

I managed.
I took: Document, Filename in the field in the form.
In the MySQL I took a varchar(50). So works fine.
The only thing left is a text / message besides of the button for selecting the file/document which says in dutch: “Geen bestand geselecteerd” (In english something like “no file selected”.
Strange thing is that the selected file is comming on the rigth of this text /messagebox and the message “no file selected” stays the same after selecting.
Better would be that de text “no file selected” (in NL: “Geen bestand geselecteerd”) was replaced by the filename after selection.
I expect this has to be worked over by scriptcase. For the “show” in moment I tried to change this text in the “locales/languages”-menu, but I could not find it.
Seems to be hardcoded?!
Thanks for your help sofar…
Regards, Bert Steinebach

Hello,

Is the issue still happening?

regards,
Bernhard

It works now, but I agree on the text part. There’s an image shown and the message ‘no file selected’ appears. That’s not logical, I have to agree with Bert.

I will be happy when I can remove the text besides of the “upload-button”. This is the text “no file selected”. (in dutch: Geen gegevens geselecteerd.) Can I remove this? (make it zero characters). I cannot find this text it in the languages module.

Need to deliver the solution to-morrow. With the actual status I cannot.
Please help.

Regards, Bert

[QUOTE=ctmservice;20120]I will be happy when I can remove the text besides of the “upload-button”. So the the text “no file selected” removed (make it zero characters).
I cannot find it in the languages module.
Second. It will also save space…
Need to deliver the solution to-morrow. With the actual status I cannot.
Please help.

Regards, Bert[/QUOTE]

Not a nice method, but it’s a small hack in your generated code.

Hello,

Issue reported to our bugs team.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

Hello,

This problem has been registered in the system to be fixed.

Thank you!

Hello Everybody,

I “solved” it tempory by making the fieldsize for CSS of the Input Object to 80. This hides the text “No selected field”.
Not the most elegant solution but for my customer ok. Still I am interested where to find the dutch translation. Somebody should know.

Keeping a very enthousiast fan of ScriptCase…going for the next project.

Bert

Hello,

The problem was solved in last release (8.1.007). Please, update your scriptcase.

Have a nice day.

Best regard,
Netmake Team