Some applications does not show anything after updating scriptcase

I have a project in production and sometimes I chek the project in order to improve it.

There are several applications that I have not modified in development env, but when I tried to test the entire project, some applications did not working.

From a some grids, I clicked on update record icon but the correspondant form just did not load (the screen stays blank). This happens with any record on the grid.

I compiled the entire project, but the issue remains in teh same grids/forms.

The grids and forms remains like in production env, I mean, I did not change anything.

Have somebody solved a similar issue or have an idea to fix it?

Please, I need work on some of this grids / forms, but I do not know if changing something can worse it and finally I would not recover from the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried loading your applications in incognito mode within a Chrome browser, or first clearing the browser cache completely?

I have same problem… some links do not working… the parameters send to a grid do not work.

So it’s not just me. I have form applications that worked perfectly and still do in development, but not in production. The buttons are missing. The fields are missing. I can’t do a thing with them. Then my redirects simply don’t. This program has worked perfectly fine for months. There is, I think, something in the production deploy that is not functioning. I’m getting errors I haven’t seen in years. This weekend I am going to totally remove everything from the production server, reboot, and redeploy from scratch. No idea if that will work but I don’t know what else to do. This is beyond unacceptable.

Since the code is obfuscated, does everything have to be uploaded as binary? This seems to be an all too common Issue (working in development,and yet not in production).

Hello everyone. I appreciate your attention and prompt response and I apologize for the delay, but I was busy looking for how to solve the problem.

Kevin, I didn’t use incognito mode, but I did delete everything from the browser.

My problem is in development, in production everything has been fine.

I finally found the solution. I’m sharing it in case it helps someone:

1. Actually the application was not blank. It sent an error message, but it happened so fast that I didn’t see it.

2. At some point I stopped to observe carefully and I saw a shadow passing so quickly that it caught my attention.

3. I started the step by step debugger and saw the error message: it referred to objects not found and I followed the path in the source code generated by Scriptcase.

4. I then went back to the application in Scriptcase and found that after the update (I also compiled it) Scriptcase created dependencies towards tables that have no relation to each other and some links between applications had several parameters that I did not create (fact, I only sent the primary key, but several parameters appeared pointing to the same primary key but with different values).

5. I removed those objects and the application returned to its normal state.

6. Now I must review the entire project, knowing exactly what to look for.

Thanks, again.

When processing the export of any project in version 9.10.009 (13), it simply ends with an error, which I attach.

It seems that the form of compression is not valid or supported.

Please try!!

Glad you resolved it. However, SC creating dependencies when it shouldn’t is not good. What’s to prevent that from occurring again for you?

In the last version can you export you project?