Some questions about SC6

Hi

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this, but I found not a better one.

I’am evaluating Scriptcase and have some importants questions for me :

1 - Can I deploy the generated PHP application in a Linux Server with PHP 5.2.17 and MySQL 5.1.65 (HostingZoom)?

2 - The machine in production must have the Zend Guard Loader installed? (Not the developer’s machine that of course would be my own)

3 - The PHP’s generated programs are encrypted in any way?

4 - Can I integrate without problems programs created by me in the structure of a scriptcase application?

Thx in Advance
Hugo

Hello Hugo,

Welcome to our forum.

1 - Yes you can deploy on a Linux Server with PHP 5.2.17 but we do not recommend. It is not likely, but your project may not work properly.

• In no circunstance you can install SC 6 on a PHP 5.2 based environment.

2 - No, not at all.

3 - They are not encrypted, you might seek for a third party tool to encrypt your project, but depending on what kind of project you are developing, you shouldn’t care about your customers going through your because SC generated code is pretty extense.

4 - Programs created by you outside Scriptcase?

Please let us know on any other question you might have. If you run into any issue more urgent, you can always contact our support. Our chat is active on workdays from 8:00am to 6:00pm, and our ticket system is always available.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

Thx Bernhard for your answer

What would be the oldest ideal PHP version necessary on production machines (I ask these because the application would not be in customer’s machines but in a external hosting service, an they doesn’t usually have the lastest PHP version) ? ; Can you recommend any particular external hosting service that support that?

Yeps, for example I must make some kind of basic survey system for users. I know that probably would be ideal that I study all the Tutorials before asking this so maybe I can respond it myself, but I’am in a hurry and must decide rapidly if I program by hand or use the help of some frameworks like ScriptCase.

Greats
Hugo

[QUOTE=Hugo;11163]Thx Bernhard for your answer
[/QUOTE]

No problem!

Any hosting service that works with PHP 5.3 (any version).

[QUOTE=Hugo;11163]
Yeps, for example I must make some kind of basic survey system for users. I know that probably would be ideal that I study all the Tutorials before asking this so maybe I can respond it myself, but I’am in a hurry and must decide rapidly if I program by hand or use the help of some frameworks like ScriptCase.

Greats
Hugo[/QUOTE]

Well that will actually depend on how you intend to integrate those pages. Taking your example, yes you could redirect to a basic survey system and afterwards, when the user clicks the “send button” you could redirect him to a SC application.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

In addition to this (and it will change with SC7 afaik) I need to add that you need the RJE on your hosting machine if you use graphs, and/or pdf exports.
albert