Stepped form flow ... how to make it works?

Hello,
I’m trying to make a stepped form but probably I didn’t understand how it can works.
I need to use a series of steps to define all details of a shipping . I did an easy example just to understand better the workflow.
I have been able to see only the first part but it seems to me that the SC flow can’t manage more tables and connected master/details forms in cascade.
Anyone can help me on solving this big stuck ?
Thanks!

if not clear the image … it means like that
General info
Shipping info (i.e. cargo ship to use)
Containers (how insert coded containers into the ship [one ship]->[many containers])
Boxes (they are the content of each container [one container]->[many boxes])
Items (they are the content of each box [one box]->[many items])

May be I’m wrong, but the multistep form in my opinion IS ONE SPECIAL FORM only and has ONE sql statement , like every form. You can jump from one site to the next site , but it’s still the same form based on the same sql statement.

What you want can be done with simple redir commands to create a workflow.

Cheers Uwe

1 Like

Hi Uwe,
what you mean is to create n different forms and then use redir to connect one to others ?
It’s obvious I have to use global variables to pass all parameters to other forms on cascade.
I hoped it was more automatic using nested master/details but it’s seems that is not possible.
The issue could be if I have to manage some update in some level of process and it’s not easy to navigate between form in backward…

Yes, different forms with global (Arrays) , That’s the way i would do it. Nested grid don’t have a workflow indeed, it*s only to show connected tables. I think it’s no so difficult in SC to do that.

Cheers Uwe