Store the session in a database.

Has anybody used this option during export?

Does scriptcase then store all session variables in database?

What do i enter into those fields? Does it work?

There is a help button but it takes you to the help and there is no information on it there.

[QUOTE=jamieO;22976]Has anybody used this option during export?

Does scriptcase then store all session variables in database?

What do i enter into those fields? Does it work?

There is a help button but it takes you to the help and there is no information on it there.[/QUOTE]

I haven’t used it, but it’s an easy thing to configure. Just make it so, regenerate all and look at the results.

yeh, problem is I dont know what to write in the provided fields… which table to use, what is the template name and what not…

Hi Albert and JamieO,
This is the other Jamie :slight_smile: I was thinking about testing this and did a forum search. Did anyone try this yet? I found an SC blog post which was in poor English but seemed to say we need to first create the DB table to store the session.

I am thinking that if I did this, would I be able to do a round robin setup to implement multiple backends to process requests? Used to do this with Plone, basically having multiple identical plone installs on different servers…with pound running in front of it all. Allowed for failover and scaling.

Am I on the right track in this thinking? Seems like if session varscstored in DB then doesnt matter which site services a request… i could be all wrong too.

I guess with session in database no cookies need be enabled?

Peace,
Jamie

Session is about your global variables and so on. Nothing to do with cookies. This are server side stored, not client side