Suggest the next Webinars!

Guys,

Please let us know if you want to suggest a subject for a a webinar! Your opinion is important to us.

emails, with attachment, using form and control app, and the the paths that should be used for attachment…
emails with sc_send_mail and php function sendmail()
more into the global paths that SC uses internally e.g. $this->Ini-doc.xxx etc SC_Ini_IMG… etc
more about the production environment, best practice and directories that are changed from development to development
advanced deployment thing, more about it, and for what purposes can be used
more about global variables, local variables and the fields variables
DEBUGGING, how to debug and see exact errors to follow and find out your issues
uploading into SC images and docs with and without sub folders, how the paths are stored, and most important, the upload size limit!!! until now is not working
how to use normal php classes with SC
how to use left join, select count, union, and other sql queries with SC
using sc security, how to all different groups to access the form base don the roles given, not by giving permissions, i mean by creating global variables and so

if possible:
more about events, many times i use events which stops other events (something like i put on OnafterUpdate to send the data to another table as a copy to keep history, then add sc_redir(appname) then the sc_redir doesn’t work, i had to put the insert into table into onBeforeUpdate… so i am not sure all events are clear which one will override the other, or in which sequence should be used

i’m sure that there are many many other aspects that can serve everyone

Where to hack your generated! code if things arent going your way and what the dangers and benefits are.

What are the effects of adding code with echo and where, e.g. to generate a custom button or so. What can we do and use with ease to give us more options (with many examples plz).

[QUOTE=rr;26579]Where to hack your generated! code if things arent going your way and what the dangers and benefits are.

What are the effects of adding code with echo and where, e.g. to generate a custom button or so. What can we do and use with ease to give us more options (with many examples plz).[/QUOTE]

More technicals/advanced webinars. All webinars are focused on basic things touching this or there option in SC. As rr sais, more advanced tutorials are needed.

OHHH ! simply how to work with electronic invoices, how to sign the XML document, how to send these signed XML to any soap service, how to receive the answer from any soap service, etc. soap services in secure site (https: )
(for a NON-GURU audience)

Aquiles

[QUOTE=aquiles;26596]OHHH ! simply how to work with electronic invoices, how to sign the XML document, how to send these signed XML to any soap service, how to receive the answer from any soap service, etc. soap services in secure site (https: )
(for a NON-GURU audience)

Aquiles[/QUOTE]

But this is more focused on PHP, not on SC. Webinars should be about SC or integration of SC with PHP. Communication of an XML via SOAP is anything related to SC

I must agree on this. In general I would like to see how to influence layout with templates, background images, css fields etc. There are several ways of doing that including breaking the code with ?>some css here <?php continue… But it’s not always clear what is allowed. Having interactive tabs (do something on one tabpage which changes things on the other which contains a different application), same for passing data between applications in containers. I know how to do it (finally) but it’s good to show it on a webinar.

Also interesting I think are: which generated variables are usefull, what is there use (e.g. $_SESSION[‘scriptcase’][‘grid_filestorage’][‘glo_nm_perfil’] ) so that we can use it in our own code. I had to hack and debug my way into it to find those bits of knowledge… I bet there are a lot of really interesting vars that we can also use.

I like most of the above suggestions, would be great to have more advanced stuff, how to integrate other services with SC, more advanced PDF and such as thats just a nightmare, still cant get a full page layout or multiple pages without issues.
Other than that and the above more videos on changing fields, been wanting jquery sliders and such so how to manually integrate those would be great. a menu styling video, god I hate the menu styles and they a pain to use or customize!

Thank you very much for all suggestions you made so far, we will already take some for October’s webinar. Keep sending your feedback and suggestions, they are very important.

Regarding the advanced stuff, we are studying a way to have that somehow. i agree that webinars are quite basic, but we need to show the basic first and then move forward. I will keep you posted if we have news.

cheers

M?rcia :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=sales.scriptcase;27317]Thank you very much for all suggestions you made so far, we will already take some for October’s webinar. Keep sending your feedback and suggestions, they are very important.

Regarding the advanced stuff, we are studying a way to have that somehow. i agree that webinars are quite basic, but we need to show the basic first and then move forward. I will keep you posted if we have news.

cheers

M?rcia :)[/QUOTE]

Hi Marcia,

I would consider to make a mix of novice and advanced webinars. The main reason is that tools like SC are also watched by professionals who want to have a look at what’s possible. Also there are a lot of us who are quite advanced but don’t know how to make the next step. To wait for advanced webinars is a burdon then. But I welcome the ‘generic’ webinar where everybody can make their question. It would be great to have that once a month or 2 months.

Variables seem a very useful feature in projects. I would like to see a detailed webinar about the difference between local and global variables, the different ways of optimally declaring them, extensive explanations about the differences between session, post and get scope and use of in and out types and exhaustive examples of how to use them in scriptcase.

Regards, John

[QUOTE=JohnMMM;28978] extensive explanations about the differences between session, post and get scope and use of in and out types and exhaustive examples of how to use them in scriptcase.

Regards, John[/QUOTE]

+1 for this

My suggestions is complex master detail examples(like drug inventory).
May be 3 levels master detail relation.
Thank you so much…

Please do a webinar showing how to produce multi line, multi page PFDs in the “PDF Report” application.

This is a good idea Gradfieldus

Yes I absolutely agree with this idea. Please make a webminar that discuss how to make multi page pdf report application.

Thank You.

As there seems to be a lot of problems when moving from Development to production, specifically with the exportation of PDFs and other files it may be a good idea to either have a webinar or put some videos up on this matter.

There are suggestions on what to do (3 to date) but the instructions from support are unclear.

Whilst it is great to focus on what Scriptcase can do its also important to focus on how to correct its common bugs.

I think it is a good idea for next webinar we discuss about Create Web GIS with Scriptcase and Google MAP API

I would like a webinar on how to get current record info from current record in a form to build a hyperlink, as well going through the scriptcase macros that are in the system. Documentation is very lacking in a lot of areas and would be nice to have webinars on these type of every days issues we run across. Another webinar I would like to see is one how to setup databases best practice with Scriptcase. Another one would be on installing Scriptcase and explaining what other software you need to download and install such as MYSQL, Postgres, MS SQL, then would have been very helpful for me when I first installed and setup. Also the webinars go to fast when we try watch and to see what is going on or what the person in the webinar is doing. If they could be more prepared and go slower and explain everything they are doing would be very helpful. Videos or webinars on the new features of of a release would also be nice to have.

Another useful item would be when how to videos are put up on the site (Samples Area) the date they was added or updated.

Thank You

Tim