Suggestion for Application Attributes (Application (local) Variables)

After reading the documentation, Attributes screen/help and Scriptcase Forums I now know that Attributes are essentially local application variables. So with that in mind I’d like to suggest that NetMake consider changing the name of the “Attributes” section in Programming for applications to “Local Variables”. Why? Very simple answer…

This term (Local Variables) is self-explanatory. You do not need a long explanation here. When you see (Attributes) you need to know what they do. There is no real explanation that clearly identifies Attributes unless you look at the Scriptcase forums.

If you do make these changes could you also add the ability to change the order of the Attributes in the list that shows what Attributes are available. Thank you very much!

Scriptcase was created several years ago. Terminology was different back then. So times change and that’s why I am making this suggestion. We can’t fault NetMake at all for this, just request that they consider using “norms” as are in development today. Programming has changed rapidly (for the better).

Dear NetMake, if you do make changes like this Scriptcase will be an evan greater product by minimizing the developer’s time by utilizing standardized terminology and best practices. And in turn this will make Scriptcase evan easier to learn which will help the developer user base grow. I am still checking, but haven’t found a product that can match what Scriptcase can do.

2 Likes

I agree. Attributes need lots of clarification.
As far as I know after having tested this feature, Attributes are not regular local variables. They are “class variables” and not “instance variables”.
Indeed if you have more than one instance of the same application, the Attributes are shared between these instances.
This is still good to know as the scope is less than global variables like [my_glo].
The next step would be to have real local instance variables. This is a huge missing point right now tha tcreate mix of IDs when working with master-detail feature.
Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

for today is there any update on this?
Basically the question is:
Is it possibile to have several instances of the same app running in the same browser at the same time on different data ?

1 Like

Nothing afaik unfortunately. Let’s keep in touch.

It would be good for the SCRIPTCASE team to tell us how this big dilemma can be solved.