Syncronization - Standardized in All Application Types

Recently I found out that there is no Synchronization feature in Grid Applications. Can I ask the question, “Why?” Synchronizing is extremely important especially when you have changed several fields and/or database properties that are affected.

Could there be a way to detect if Synchronization is needed when we open an application for editing? I think this would be a handy feature. With a large project we can sometimes forget.

The reason is that a grid can have any kind of sql statement because it is intended for reporting. So unions, joins etc. all can be present in a grid sql statement. I know that in a lot of situations you only have one table, and I had to get used to this too. A work-around is that you create the sql statement in the sql manager and then copy this into the statement. But I only do that when a lot has been changed, otherwize I just add the field to the select.

That does make sense, but to have Synchronization as well would be handy, evan if you allow for the SQL to be changed.

The more standardization you can have in any of the applications the better off you will be in the end for ease of use of the development environment. Yes there certainly can be times where things are different, but remember, that makes the software a bit more difficult to use.

I can see both sides of this situation. I as a developer do take great care making sure my applications are consistent as much as possible across the board. I also try to not make them too busy as this detracts from the user experience.

Thank for for some clarification on this issue.