Text - Autocomplete get Invalid Data Error on submit

I have a form that has 2 Text-Autocomplete fields. If I start with an existing record where these fields are currently empty and enter just one of the fields the submit succeeds. If I then just change that field to another value and submit I get the ERROR message box with Invalid Data for that field, even though I entered valid data and echo’ing the data shows it to be correct. This is something that used to work fine and was broken within this month’s (July 2012) updates.

Re: Text - Autocomplete get Invalid Data Error on submit

Hello,

Make sure that the internal value of the Date field conforms with your DB Date column value.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

I have exactly the same issue with select text field updating via Ajax another select text field.
When only one record is inserted everything is ok but when more than one record is present
SC does not let me change anymore previous record and keep saying invalid data.
there is a bug in Sc in last update.

+1

Hello guys,

Please make sure that the internal value of the Date field conforms with your DB Date column value. If possible, get in touch with our support team to make sure this isn’t some misconfiguration of any sort.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

I got the same issue because if you lookup ids you need to use NumberAutoComplete.

Remark:
even if you use text autocomlete for numbers It does work. however for some random numeric autocomplete fields you get error message. If you click on the field and save after the error disapears.