The new calendar application of SC8

I have been looking into the calendar samples of SC8. I can see that colors change, but I watched each screen, but could not find out how to do it. How do I allocate a different color to an appointment? Which properties? I must be overlooking something as I simply cannot find out. Depending on the location of the event I want to change colour.

The Calendar application has now new visual elements, which makes it more friendly and useful.

New colors can be defined for the different events–> where?

(for the events that have already occurred and for those that will occur. ) does that mean that it will only show different colours of old appointments,current day and future (three colors)? That would be pretty useless imho…

There is a block option for the drag’n drop in scheduled events -> explain
and also the option to display all events using a to-do list is available -> where?

Kevin showed how to create different colors for events. Imho adapting that concept would have been more useful, but I might miss something.

Hi Albert, wish you are doing well.
I don’t have SC on this PC to try and didn’t explore the calender app yet, but I remember that I noticed some CSS stuff in the themes section under calendar? not sure, however, my 2 cents for that CSS section is you need to be very patience, sometimes you need to search for the correct element to change like table, label, field, area FOR EACH application has 2 or 3 places might be the place to change in order to effect… what is worse in that is you need hard-reload your page Ctrl+F5 to apply new theme (after clicking on update button in layout section)… one more hint is could you use chrome/FF CSS plugin e.g. firebug to see those element(s) names and follow up their CSS where is being applied either in app settings or in CSS of the theme?

[QUOTE=itsme3;26965]Hi Albert, wish you are doing well.
I don’t have SC on this PC to try and didn’t explore the calender app yet, but I remember that I noticed some CSS stuff in the themes section under calendar? not sure, however, my 2 cents for that CSS section is you need to be very patience, sometimes you need to search for the correct element to change like table, label, field, area FOR EACH application has 2 or 3 places might be the place to change in order to effect… what is worse in that is you need hard-reload your page Ctrl+F5 to apply new theme (after clicking on update button in layout section)… one more hint is could you use chrome/FF CSS plugin e.g. firebug to see those element(s) names and follow up their CSS where is being applied either in app settings or in CSS of the theme?[/QUOTE]

Mmm, the solution of kevin works well if you want to change colors depending on appointment type. But I was hoping that I could do it by property. Of course I can fiddle the css class, but then i have to fall back to javascript which I want to avoid if I can. But tnx for the reply.

Hey Albert did u manage to change those colors at all? want to change mine by db type, possible? how?

thx