This is simply insane

I wonder how you guys deal with this problem. I got to the point I need to translate the project into another language and there is about 500 Apps. What I see the only option to translate is from within SC environment. I have a person who would do translation but this person is not a developer and will not do any kind of development except translation. NOW - DO I HAVE TO PURCHASE ANOTHER LICENSE just for that ? There is no other way ? I can’t believe they implemented such a crap and claim one can build multi-lingual projects. Is there any work around that ?

2 Likes

Language file are located in xxx/scriptcase/app/project/_lib/lang

In my case I create the apps in English the file is en_us.lang.php. All the new entry I create I name them {lang_project_xxx}

When I am doing translation I copy the new entry from en_us.lang.php to fr.lang.php (french in my case) and translate it with a text editor.

It’s very easy and much faster than using the SC language module

5 Likes

SC creates a php file with a huge array with all of the translations, maybe you could provide your translator the lang variable name, the original language and ask him/her to translate it and the you could create your target language file

A workaround could be is making a schedule such that the translator works in the hours when the licence is not used by the developer. SC interface for translation can be helpful. but i agree , this part should be separated from development into a separate solution/product.

I used google to auto translate report texts and store the translations in a database such that you do not have to google translate the same chunk of text twice. This enabled edits of the translations via a form. this solution implies that all the labels and texts go through a php function to do the check and translate new chunks. the results were very good. we managed to auto translate quite complex house inspection texts and deliver reports in multiple languages.

Hello,

You can use the files containing the language variables and send them to your translator.
You will find them in path:

scriptcase/devel/conf/grp/project_name/lang

2 Likes

That’s nice, this is where the one specific to the project is store. I would I like to know that before.

At least it make easier than my way.

But if SC add a simple download and upload of the project lang file in the IDE it would be much more easier for many

Thank you