Truly Blank Application and Echo

I have php code that works fine without echo’s when run outside of scriptcase (for example, if just created with notepad and then called via http in any browser). But when placed at the OnExecute in ScriptCase it needs echo’s for all the statements. I don’t know why that is and if there is a way around it. With medium to long php scripts, it’s a tedious and sometimes error-prone process to add the echo’s. Is there another approach that would run php with ScriptCase?

Thanks greatly,

Lyle

[QUOTE=lyleholc;23273]I have php code that works fine without echo’s when run outside of scriptcase (for example, if just created with notepad and then called via http in any browser). But when placed at the OnExecute in ScriptCase it needs echo’s for all the statements. I don’t know why that is and if there is a way around it. With medium to long php scripts, it’s a tedious and sometimes error-prone process to add the echo’s. Is there another approach that would run php with ScriptCase?

Thanks greatly,

Lyle[/QUOTE]

You mean that you html needs echo’s? That’s because in SC a lot of code is already there and you need to limit yourself to php. That’s why you have to echo html. A blank application doesn’t mean that there is no code, as SC has implemented your database connection etc.

Hi Albert,

Nice to hear from you. Is there any way to use just the plain php code even if not in a blank application? For example, in another product they have a blank page that is pure blank (if that makes any sense). In that I can simply paste in the phpNotepad code and it runs as expected in a browser (like a pure code page).

Thanks again.

Lyle

[QUOTE=lyleholc;23276]Hi Albert,

Nice to hear from you. Is there any way to use just the plain php code even if not in a blank application? For example, in another product they have a blank page that is pure blank (if that makes any sense). In that I can simply paste in the phpNotepad code and it runs as expected in a browser (like a pure code page).

Thanks again.

Lyle[/QUOTE]

I dont fully understand your question, maybe, if you share the code…

Otherwise, did u tried put this php as library and calling from blank app?

Hi Albert,

I haven’t done anything with Library before, so I’ll look into it. Is the idea that the library could then have lets call it ‘native’ code so I could avoid all the echo’s?

Thanks!!

Hi Albert,

I opened an existing project, the clicked the Tools menu Libraries, clicked the down arrow and selected Project then pasted in the ‘native’ code and gave it a name and description. Not sure what the next steps are??

Thanks

Lyle

Hi Albert,

The code I wanted to use is to implement InnovaEditor (html editor). Online HTML Editor for Web Applications & Content Management Systems
http://www.innovastudio.com/. At this page are examples and if you open the source, that is what I can paste into phpNotepad and run in browser.

Lyle

Don’t expect me to dive into this product to look how to implement in SC, simply too busy for that currently. In general it’s exactly as I wrote. If the lib runs fully stand-alone you can consider embedding it within an iframe?

Hello Albert,

I don’t expect you too dive into the code at all. You asked for it above, so that’s why I provided the link.

Lyle

I for certain will look into it, just meant to say that I will not do that on a (very) short notice. It looks interesting enough. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Hi Albert,

Your suggestion worked GREAT!!! I used the library as you said then had a function which comprises the editor and then called it in a blank and a control application.

MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

Lyle