Unable to login to Dev using Admin / Admin after install and update to latest version (MacOS)

I am installing a new instance of the SC dev environment on a new machine (MacOS 11) and migrating existing projects due to existing environment slowly dying.

Fresh install went well. Logged in using admin/admin. All OK. Displayed the usual message that SC was not up-to-date so I performed the update. No problems. Restored my backed up project file from the other machine - no issues. Opened project - it looked good.

I have not applied a license key yet - I wanted to make sure everything was OK on this machine before I committed to it.

Next, using mysql, I loaded the sqldump file that I created on the old machine to ensure I had the DB I needed to work with before testing the db connection.

When I went back to the browser, I accidentally close the tab to the SC dev environment. Reopened it - received the login screen, but when attempting to use admin / admin I get ‘The password is incorrect.’. Clicking on forgot password I get ‘The login informed doesnt have the email registered in the system.’. Dead in the water. :cry:.

Help! What just happened and how do you work around it?

Hi.

I have worked this out.

The backup process doesn’t just backup your projects. I am not entirely sure what does get backed up, but certainly your credentials from the dev environment are included. So when you execute the restore, the login credentials are included.

I worked this out after a few re-installs. After installing and applying the updates, I changed my password to something a bit more secure than the old environment (and certainly more secure than admin/admin). Then I did the restore. When I went to login, it didn’t work. When I used the password from the old environment, it worked.

Thought I’d document this here in case other fall into this trap.

As usual, a little more detailed documentation would go a long way.

Cheers!