"Unauthorized User" message comes up even when Security=NO in Converted Menu App

Is anyone encountering this problem in production deployment with version 7? The app works well in 6 but I keep having this message showing and the app not displaying.

That is because you have enabled security on that application. If security is enabled, then you can only access applications if you have previously logged on the system.

Please see: http://downloads.scriptcase.com.br/downloads/v7/manual/en_us/webhelp/manual_mp/12-Aplicacoes_de_Formularios/02-Formulario/21-seguranca.htm

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

[QUOTE=bartho;12315]That is because you have enabled security on that application. If security is enabled, then you can only access applications if you have previously logged on the system.

Please see: http://downloads.scriptcase.com.br/downloads/v7/manual/en_us/webhelp/manual_mp/12-Aplicacoes_de_Formularios/02-Formulario/21-seguranca.htm

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann[/QUOTE]

You misunderstood me:

1. when I enable security on the app and log in, I’m getting the error
  2. when I DISABLE security on the app and log in or access direct by the URL, I still get the error
  3. this problem is not happening with the v6 app I converted. I’ve been using security for a while

Thanks

Hello scriptcaser,

I missed where you said that security=no. Sorry about that.

1 & 2) What error are you getting when you login?

Have you tried to clear your browser cookies and cache?

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

I am also having the same issue with same situation. Some times after a while logged into project as authorized user, after a little while it seems as if the session auth variable disappears. It does not happen in SC6 but it does in my converted project to SC7. This only happens on converted apps, not apps built in SC7.

Hello mstopkey,

I have reported this issue to our bugs team for further testing.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

Thanks Bernhard! I have done further testing and it seems to effect in certain browsers. Testing various browers and version. Will let you know.

Bernhard,

I you wish I will export my project and send it to you with login credentials for testing.
I do have a couple of added variables to the login app as seen below.

onScriptinit:
sc_reset_apl_status();
sc_reset_global ([usr_login], [usr_email], [usr_emp_id], [usr_name]);

onValidate:
$slogin = sc_sql_injection({login});
$spswd = sc_sql_injection(md5({pswd}));

$sql = “SELECT
priv_admin,
active,
name,
email,
emp_id,
name
FROM sdh_sec_users
WHERE login = $slogin
AND pswd = “.$spswd.””;

sc_lookup(rs, $sql);

if(count({rs}) == 0)
{
sc_log_add(‘login Fail’, {lang_login_fail} . {login});
sc_error_message({lang_error_login});
sc_error_exit();
}
else if({rs[0][1]} == ‘Y’)
{
$usr_login = {login};
$usr_priv_admin = ({rs[0][0]} == ‘Y’) ? TRUE : FALSE;
$usr_name = {rs[0][2]};
$usr_email = {rs[0][3]};
$usr_emp_id = {rs[0][4]};
$usr_name = {rs[0][5]};
sc_set_global($usr_login);
sc_set_global($usr_priv_admin);
sc_set_global($usr_name);
sc_set_global($usr_email);
sc_set_global($usr_emp_id);
sc_set_global($usr_name);
}
else
{
sc_error_message({lang_error_not_active});
sc_error_exit();
}

I did this to allow for employee created records to be automatically assigned to them.

One question, should the login vars be set as SESSION in the scope?

Mark Stopkey

Actually not. Just the default configurations should work properly. But you may set as SESSION as an attempt to fix the issue.

Just to be sure that we aren’t missing anything:

1 - Have you followed this tutorial? http://forum.scriptcase.net/showthread.php?3522-Applications-does-not-change-when-generate-sourcecode-SOLVED

2 - How is the session timeout configuration on your php.ini?

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

I will check these.

Thanks
Mark Stopkey

I’m having the same problem with SC V6.
Bernhard, you are talking about “session.gc_maxlifetime” ? mine is set to 1440.

Ok. Mine is a different issue. After logging into the application (running on dev environment) (ScriptCase is running on Linux) at random times, when I click on an application link, I get “Unauthorized User”. Of course if I disable security on that app while staying logged into the app, I can access it. What gives?

Hello guys,

Thanks for the feedback. I will pass it to our bugs team.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

(Solved)

Ok, Got my problem with this fixed. I did not give the user groups access to index.php. Enabled this and all works now.

Mark

Found our problem. User group had no access permission on index.php.

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann