unwanted behavior with IIS7

Hello everyone,

We built a product with SC which was acquired by another company. Our partner insists on using Windows/IIS7 to host the project. I had the system completely bug free on Linux (lamp stack) with 0 problems. On IIS simple standard functions of SC don’t work. i.e. refreshing a grid from form iframe link does not work. Reports that start with search just refresh the search page and don’t execute the app. autocomplete fields don’t work. I had to manually program every exit cancel back button. When a form is linked to a grid in an iframe you have the form buttons show up in the grid to control the form. On IIS7 buttons show up in both places and I have to use macros to hide them on the form. No matter what I do there is an add new button on the grid and the form. I know very little about IIS since we are a pure Linux shop. We are trying to convince our partners to use Apache but until then we have mutual clients who can’t use certain parts of the system. Any suggestions? I know it shouldn’t be run on IIS in the first place but that’s not up to us.

Hello,

all my apps are running on IIS7 by my customer and i have no problems !
what PHP-Version is running ? Is fast-cgi enabled / configured ?

You have to check with the company how their IIS7 is running !

[QUOTE=Gerd Dietrich;35484]Hello,

all my apps are running on IIS7 by my customer and i have no problems !
what PHP-Version is running ? Is fast-cgi enabled / configured ?

You have to check with the company how their IIS7 is running ![/QUOTE]

We are running with Windows 2012 server with IIS and have no issues at all at the univerity. As Aducom I run the same apps on linux apache as IIS as well (also w2012 server with plesk) and all is working well…

Must be something obvious.

If you are using php under iis you really have to be aware on how to configure php ini proper AND to configure the IIS server properly. The IIS timeouts can overrule the php timeouts. So this is mainly a wrong setting in IIS. SC does work in IIS but you do need watch how IIS is configured.
See http://www.iis.net/downloads for tons of tools and things to learn on the details.
On the other hand, IIS7 is a bit old. It is better to upgrade to IIS 7.5. Apparently the server with IIS7 is an old windows server 2008 I bet (since IIS 8 can be installed on server 2012).
You can check the server logs for what is going wrong in detail, these logs are vital in finding weird errors.

My best option would be to install plesk and do the administration from there. I find it odd that you as a supplier of software need to be responsable for installing it on whatever. So I guess that the provider of the hosting is to be connected.

Thanks for your suggestions. Problem is the partner doesn’t know how to setup IIS for php apps. They deal with java only so this is new to them. I know pretty much nothing about IIS7. I used this guide -> http://www.iis.net/learn/application-frameworks/install-and-configure-php-applications-on-iis/using-fastcgi-to-host-php-applications-on-iis#Windows_Server_2008:_ I did all that and the first feature I checked was autocomplete, which still doesn’t work. I restarted the site and recycled the application pool. I’ll check out the link that rr mentioned. They are running this on a 2008 server and I checked and it is IIS7.5. We have no control on their versions in their environment. The software built in SC is running on PHP 5.3.28 and MYSQL 5.0.8. Funny how in Secure Wamp and on any *NIX server it runs with absolutely no problems. We are trying to convince them to switch to the Apache stack.

Your partner doesn’t know ?
It last about 15 min. to set up PHP on IIS7.5 !
14 to install PHP, 1 min to configure :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Gerd Dietrich;35563]Your partner doesn’t know ?
It last about 15 min. to set up PHP on IIS7.5 !
14 to install PHP, 1 min to configure :-)[/QUOTE]

Everything looks easy when you know what to do …

Sure Albert,

but if they are able to google a little bit, they should find the “Microsoft wpilauncher” !
The rest for configuring is … reading !