Upgrade V8 Project

Hi; I built an application last year with V8 PHP5.6/Oracle OCI connection. As luck would have it my computer crashed and I have a new Windows 10 PC. I have an export of the project archived but I’m in a dilemma as to which version to install going forward.

1. The conversion according to the SC tutorial requires the V8 project - do I unzip the project and would that be sufficient?
  2. V9 questions: does it support PHP 5.6? 8 of the Linux deployments in the field are PHP 5.6 and I cannot upgrade to PHP 7 !!!
  3. I know I had a ton to issues with the PDO/OCI setup; does anyone know if this has improved or is there clear instructions on this setup?
  4. What other options do I have if all else fails? go back to V8? etc

Thanks in advance

Off and on for quick and dirty projects I’ve been using SC9 since V5. Version 9 is the first I have encountered that imports exported projects from previous version with little grief. I found it best to open and inspect the fields on each application. Then save and generate.

1. V9 questions: does it support PHP 5.6? 8 of the Linux deployments in the field are PHP 5.6 and I cannot upgrade to PHP 7 !!!

I have a couple of small projects developed with SC running OK on LAMP with PHP 5.6

1. I know I had a ton to issues with the PDO/OCI setup; does anyone know if this has improved or is there clear instructions on this setup?

Sorry, i have limited knowledge about that. I can tell you ODBC (MS-Access) is a real PITA. I gave up and went back to 8.1.

1. What other options do I have if all else fails? go back to V8? etc

That’s the one. 8.1.