Upload Image BLOB works on dev. environment, but not in Production (xampp)

Dear gurus,

I made field for image using BLOB in mysql, and nothing wrong when I create new record, or update record
But when I upload to production env. using XAMPP . I only able to create new record and save blob image, if i try to edit and upload image blob, the error occurs

Fatal Error : Uncaught Error, the object of class form_xxx could not be converted to string in c:\xxx\xxx\xxx

Please help, I can’t find the solution to work around this

Thanks

in your database, did you verify wich data type has your field be blob?
in your form did you verify the datatype for your field?

both database in development (mysql workbench) and production (phpmyadmin xampp) using mediumblob

the confusing part, if I add new data (blob picture) nothing wrongs, but if I edit the record which have Blob type, the error occurs

SC is trying convert to string… it seems a Bug.

i don’t know if this a bug or not, because SC9 and I think i am not the only one who create something like this, why no one complain ? :)…

If it works in dev and you upload to prod, and nothing has changed to the code, it should work. If it doesn’t then there is some mismatch in the configuration: are you running the same PHP version, is the MySQL setup equal (block size, etc.) It’s a burden to find out, but this is IMHO the way to go. Verify your configs to see if they are the same.

curious, i am still using the old PHP 7.0 version on SC9, while the new xampp i need to find out, hopefully the PHP version is the answer, let you guys know after I check this

so true, and resolved, downgrade to PHP 7 and voila. everything works. thanks

I don’t know if this will solve your problem but it work for me. I changed the type on the db to longblob and then synchronize the form app. I hope this helps.