User not accepted with new security

Set up new security on an existing system. I add the first new user, nothing special, and get a screen full starting with: Fatal error: Uncaught Swift_TransportException: Expected response code 250 but got code “535”, with message "535-5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. For more information, go to 535 5.7.8 etc etc etc.

This is on development machine. I’m obviously missing something.

I am not sure it’s the same issue. But the orginal security modules has some tables linked that for what ever reason causeed issues with the new security modules. I made a backup and removed the modules. Backed up my table data renamed my rable data. Re recreated the modules and hade it recreate the tables. reinsert the data into the new tables. My issue was resolved.

I had to do the same and everything works fine.

Holy cow. Ok…will go through all that. As usual, should not be this difficult for something this simple. Coffee needed.

Hi @mollyshark
Be sure that the password is set in the DB. Because the new security module has a bug when you edit and save the user, save the password with no data.

Regards.

Well that’s annoying. Since it is stored encrypted will have to run it through an MD5 encoder and then paste it in. Assume that will be fixed at some point.

You can fix it changing on app_form_edit_users + field pswd Disable field to Update mode

I’ll give it a run. Thanks so much.