Using security module - wanna add a user to more than a group!?

hi guys, anybody needed to create security module with some groups then adds users to more than one group at a time? i mean for the user to have permissions of both groups… anybody tried this?

:wink:
One little change in sec_app_form_edit_users : search for the n:n relation for “Groups” and change the lookup Display -> object form “Radio” to “double select” …

works for me . All queries in events are loops already.

good luck!
Jens

Wow nice! Thanks Jens seems will work :slight_smile:

did you get any problem with permissions within multiple groups?

Not sure who documented this, but perhaps it’s of some use:

http://scriptcase.aducom.com/cms/e107_plugins/faq/faq.php?0.cat.6.3

take a look at the reply from aducom . It’s more detailed.

the result is depending on the Loops in on-validate_success ( app_Login) . One “Y” for an application is the winner for the user.
as kong as you don’t store “N”'s in sec_group_application table , like it is done by scriptcase , there will be no problem.

you only have to be careful in security design and defining your groups .
It’s life :wink:

[QUOTE=aducom;29903]Not sure who documented this, but perhaps it’s of some use:

http://scriptcase.aducom.com/cms/e107_plugins/faq/faq.php?0.cat.6.3[/QUOTE]

Oh you know who did that!!
Lol

Yeah Kevin you’re right, but I was not quite sure. I have added your name to it. It makes you responsable too :wink:

Typical higher management loool

Thanks a lot guys, Albert, Kevin & Jense
I will try this stuff in the next couple of days, hopefully goes ok

Cheers

Typical higher management loool

Thanks a lot guys, Albert, Jens & Kevin

I will try this stuff in the next couple of days, hopefully go ok

Cheers

so far so good, changed from radio to checkbox and seems ok but didn’t try privilleges yet
what i didn’t get it this statement in the FAQ documentation here

1. What I do, is to keep their old sql there and copy and paste the two table names from the old to the new sql where the highlights are and then remove the old sql.

cz im now using v8 and i assume is like v7, so after step “e” it is writen to apply that no.2 which i didn’t understand it

so in version8 what is also required other than changing the radio button to checkbox/double select from N-N relation?

[QUOTE=MikeDE;30052]so far so good, changed from radio to checkbox and seems ok but didn’t try permissions yet
what i didn’t get it this statement in the FAQ documentation here

cz im now using v8 and i assume is like v7, so after step “e” it is writen to apply that no.2 which i didn’t understand it

so in version8 what is also required other than changing the radio button to checkbox/double select from N-N relation?[/QUOTE]

Mike,
I am not using version 8 since my php is not compatible, I have stuck with version 6 from the beginning.

When I wrote this up, there were two versions out, 6 and 7.
The directions were for people who had 6 or 7.
When you are doing the version 7 the last step (2) was to go to the top of the page and start the version 6 process.
I didnt see a need to rewrite what I had already written when I could reference the steps I had already documented.

If that’s clear…

kevin

Hi Kevin,

Obviously is the same as v7, but what i don’t understand, do i have to do the evnets parts? i could manage to make the groups appear as checkboxes instead of radiobuttons and all works fine, why is that SQL in events thing? i thought your documentation means to continue step 2 as per v6 but what you are telling me now that to modify the N-N relation then again do all the steps of v6 including the SQL code added to event? why? i don’t see it for a reason, can you explain this adding code part please, thanks a lot in advanced.

Mike

[QUOTE=MikeDE;30084]Hi Kevin,

Obviously is the same as v7, but what i don’t understand, do i have to do the evnets parts? i could manage to make the groups appear as checkboxes instead of radiobuttons and all works fine, why is that SQL in events thing? i thought your documentation means to continue step 2 as per v6 but what you are telling me now that to modify the N-N relation then again do all the steps of v6 including the SQL code added to event? why? i don’t see it for a reason, can you explain this adding code part please, thanks a lot in advanced.

Mike[/QUOTE]

Well if you don’t add the code then you won’t get all the permissions

Have you tested this without adding the code?

I don’t see net make fixing something they don’t care About

Kevin

not really, didn’t try privileges yet but i will do that soon, i just got too busy with other things
will also apply the same as your documentation if any issue occurred