Version Updater Deletes My Third Party Packages

When I do a automatic version update, files and directories that I have put in prod/third directory get deleted.

I have some third party packages that I use all the time from scriptcase, and I believe that the proper place to keep them is in the prod/third directory, however every time I do an automatic update, the updater deletes the package directories and associated files. Why?

There should be a dedicated directory that we can use to put our own files, and not be touched by the updater. Also, those files ought to be deployed automatically as well.

Dave

[QUOTE=daveprue;29399]When I do a automatic version update, files and directories that I have put in prod/third directory get deleted.

I have some third party packages that I use all the time from scriptcase, and I believe that the proper place to keep them is in the prod/third directory, however every time I do an automatic update, the updater deletes the package directories and associated files. Why?

There should be a dedicated directory that we can use to put our own files, and not be touched by the updater. Also, those files ought to be deployed automatically as well.

Dave[/QUOTE]

Agreed, been discussed several times here. You need to create your own directory and upload your third party software manually. That’s a needed enhancement. Besides that, it would be great if you would be able to select which files are needed for deployment so that unused libs are not uploaded. I.e. the enormous htmltopdf executable for mac is not needed in prod on Linux etc.

be touched by the updater. Also, those files ought to be deployed automatically as wel?

Would be great. Currently SC will remove the full directory and then upload his own stuf.

If you have rights to the deployment server then just set the rights so that the files cant be deleted. If you are on windows simply set the directories and the files as readonly.
That would be a simple solution for now…
I’ve been doing that even in the normal deployments. Since there also all files in the dir are removed, which is also not always what I want.

rr,

Its not the deployment that deletes the file, it is the automatic update, deleting the directories/files on the Development Server.

Dave

You can also set those extra dirs+files there to readonly of course. But I am not sure if the update then would fail because it can not delete those directories. It is worth testing it…

Yes, that is what started this thread. The Automatic Update fails if I set those directories to read only.

Dave

Dave

I had that too. To get round it that I created a dir under the wwwroot/scriptcase/ folder and put all my 3rd party folders in there. The updater leaves them alone there.