What would keep sc_redir from redirecting?

I have an application (AppA) which redirects to AppB which redirects to AppC. At the end of AppC, no conditions, has sc_redir(AppB). It doesn’t. It DID before this last update…for nearly a year. And now it doesn’t. If it goes anywhere, it goes to the top of AppC and starts to repeat itself. I have tried sc_redir(‘AppB’) with single quotes, double quotes, no quotes and it NEVER returns. There are no conditions so it isn’t a bad if/then. What just happened? Am I the only one?

BTW it works perfectly in development but NOT in production.

I would try a header(“location: $url”); and see if that works.

Can you clarify for me please?

Want to add something. Right before the redir, I have it calling a php method. It should return from the method and then do an sc_redir, but never happens. I changed the sc_redir to be IN the method and it worked. Before having the php method, that was part of the initial execute of the (blank) app and it didn’t call. I separated it out in desperation to see if it made a difference. It did not…but location of the sc_redir does. I realize it is hard to analyze without seeing it…but this is mind-boggling since it worked perfectly before the last update.

echo " < script > window.location = ‘url.php?’; < /script > ";

Or with php:

echo " header(‘Location: appA.php’)";

Thanks. I am still in wonder of why this is happening after this update. I have spent way too much time fixing things that were never broken. Nothing else changed in my setup but this update.

The fact the sc_redir doesn’t do anything IS weird.
And turning on error_reporting / turning off the sc_redir doesnt show you anything?

There is so much that isn’t working after this update I’m beginning to think I’m losing it. I’ve spent a ridiculous amount of time fixing what should not be broken. On the redirect, I have a statement inserting into a table at certain checkpoints so I can see where I am. The bottom of that application is like: a: do this b: do that c: sc_redir. Does not redir. So I took b and c and put them in a method do a: do this PHPMETHOD(this has B and C) it redirects. Now that is ridiculous. If I leave it in the body of the program,it circles back to the TOP of the application on its own and starts processing again. Insane.

What about a sc_commit_trans() before you sc_redir?

Didn’t try that. Interesting thought.

Now I have buttons not showing up. They simply aren’t there…simple ADD button in the same theme as all the others. Ahhhh…another day.

Have you tried deleting the pages in Prod and re uploading them fresh?

Good practice to suffix code with an exit() statement as well. :+1:

I actually renamed the old project and reuploaded. No joy. I can’t imagine what is going on. The ONLY thing different is the mysql version but that shouldn’t affect buttons showing up and redirects. Those aren’t sql functions. I’ve reloaded the production environment several times along with all the common files. Just have to get through end of month and I’m going to get to it again. Nothing making sense.