Where is the scriptcase developement data stored ?

I like sometimes to global-Save all my work I have done in scriptcase.
Where is the scriptcase developement-data stored ?
I meen, does scriptcase store the source of all projects and application-data
I created ?

Is it stored in a kind of repository-file, or Database in C:\Programfiles\NetMake\v5…

Re: Where is the scriptcase developement data stored ?

All data is stored in the Database. If you have a complete backup of your database, then you are fine. Any generated files can be created from the Database.

Regards,
Scott.

Do you meen stored in the MySql-Database I connect to ? I don’t see any new tables with scriptcase informations.
Does scriptcase have it’s owne database ? Where is it ?

Somewhere like

C:ProgrammeNetMakev5wwwrootscriptcasedevelconf …

Tanke you scott

The database/tables should have been created during installation. It prompts you for the name. I should have defaulted to ‘scriptcase’

There should be 16 tables in the database

sc_tbapl

sc_tbati

sc_tbcmp

sc_tbconex

sc_tbevt

sc_tblog_apl

sc_tblog_cmp

sc_tblog_evt

sc_tbprj

sc_tbrep

sc_tbrep_fields

sc_tbrep_tables

sc_tbsess

sc_tbtrans

sc_tbusu

sc_tbversao

Regards,
Scott.

Hi,

You can find Scriptcase’s database in:

“scriptcasedevelconfscriptcase
m_scriptcase.db”

Re: Yea

Exactly what i needed. Tanke you !

@ Scott

@ Scott

I don’t know how or why (by default ?) scriptcase creates a SQLite Repository insted of MySql as you wrote (sc_tbapl, sc_tbati, etc.)

I have never been asked for. Maybe it has to do with manual- or Win.exe-Installer ?

Regards

I believe you are correct. It must be based on the install options. I have Linux/MySQL installed, where you are on Windows.

Regards,
Scott.

answer

The similar subject was already observed somewhere at this thread

hi there…
That is the database path.
what is database name?

thank

regards,
ghulma

Hello,

the database name is nm_scriptcase.db .

I recommend to make a copy of the database before you even start playing with it. This is where NetMake should finally implement the language translations. If they at least create separate database fro the language data it could be translated externally by people who do not need SC.
I will be glad if other will support this idea so we can have screen prompts for the apps translated externally. I’m not talking about basic prompts and messages which are already translated, but rather your fields from database. There is a solution for that but it is very time consuming so I would rather see this implemented as part of SC IDE.

Arthur

since SC data is in SQLite file perhaps it would be possible to make SC App to manipulate this file i.e. changing some prompts, messages, etc. I did not have enough time to research this, but perhaps some one could share some findings…
ARTHUR

Better stay off from it. The data in there is serialised and you can screw it up SERIOUSLY, to the point where your whole scriptcase doesnt work.
SC wont help you if you have been fiddling in there and damaged it.