which debugger can be used for SC

Hello,
I tried Nusphere as debugger for SC but SC is to complex. The debugger is not working.
Is there any debugger I can use with SC ???
Any experiance … sometimes the internal debugger of SC is to simple …

Best regards
Uwe Pfeiffer

You mean that phpEd does not debug the SC application? The only issues I got is on the Zend compiled parts which is logical. But I’m debugging on the deployed files, not in development. I don’t want to ‘harm’ the default Apache. But besides that you could try XDebug.

Hello Albert,
thanks for your answer.

Normally I would debug development Source code… before publishing…
If I debug my code there are no zend encrypted files … or ??? I do not test SC… but the created Source code… and this code is free from encryption …

But nevertheless there must be some settings false … because I always get the message that the common libraries can’t be found.

Because Groning is not so far away from Hamburg I should visit you …

perhaps you could have a look on my SC … I would pay for it … I can’t get Nusphere to Run… I could give you access to my server with pcvisit and then look what’s going wrong.
Perhaps you can call me with skype uwe_pfeiffer_brokstedt …

Would be glad to hear from you …

Perhaps german is no problem for you … ??

Best regards
uwe

Hi Uwe, Perhaps things are changed as I haven’t been testing on my latest phpEd version.

I have a subscription for phpEd so I think I need to test first to see how things go here now. No Hamburg is just a few hours away and Skype is always an option. As long as I don’t have to write, German isn’t an issue for me :wink:

I’m on a short holliday, but as soon as I have the means I will test. My Skype name is aducom-software.

Hello Albert,

first… enjoy your holidays …

I have a project with some hundred grids/forms… and sophisticated Source code.
I now installed the latest version of PHPED … it’s running … but I often get errors like javascrip errors… and so on.
PHPED seems to be more difficult than SC itself … :slight_smile:

I have no problems to pay for support … :slight_smile:

If you are back … please contact me…
I will sent a skype message to you …

Cheers
Uwe

I agree, the latest versions tend to grow with unusable stuff like support for all kind of frameworks. But I do recognize the javascript errors, they where also in the lower versions. But they never bothered me as I could work around if necessary. But most of the time I write my lib functions in phpEd, test them and then move them to scriptcase. I’ll get in touch when i get back.

good holidays… :slight_smile: and a happy new year …

small projects or simply testing a function is not the problem, but the sophisticated source code of SC is too much fur Nuspere…
Even grid … and changing to the edit form is not working in nusphere … despite javascript links (RUN Buttons) are not working too.

Cheers
uwe

xdebug works on a deployed application, I always use that to find the bugs that in the end appear to be from sc.

You mean this?
https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/implement/debugger.html

What is this tool like with ScriptCase? Does it help?

Afaik it’s just spam, but I doubted it so I let ik go. IMHO phpEd, Zend or XDebug are the way to go.