why control application has no print in toolbar

strange, control app doesn’t have print button built in the toolbar, how to add a button what code to use for it? is it php or you advise go for javascript type of button?

Hello MikeDE,

have you tried to add it from “Toolbar” in sidebar item?

hi manfred, it is not there at toolbar of control, check it. it is available for grid but not for control!?

Hi MikeDE,
I do not know how I thought on grid instead of control. Yes, you are right, there is not print button in control, but should control application have a print button? :rolleyes:

hey manfred, why not!? i want to have the end user print stuff why not!?
can anybody move this topic to bugs section?
can anybody provide workaround for now?

Moved to suggestions

Hi Giu
If you have print in form and grid then you dont have it in control application while almost all other buttons are the same
… then is called suggsstion?
Ok. Any other proposed workaround for this for now?

Bwcause print button is on grid and forma, dont means os designed to work on control Apps too. If the button was before, its a bug because is not now, but we cant post as bug any feature we need.

I hope you understand

I have to change my phone, cant edit, darn.

About a workaround, let me think something, but first I have to know exactly what your control app does, what do you need.

hahaah thank you Giu ok lets call it suggestion then, hopefully is an easy step and they can add it, i was thinking though, for so many years didn’t need it, and that is why I didn’t notice it, then it is not required :slight_smile:

control app is simple, few filed normal, just like form… the idea, in general, why can’t get a print version! isn’t it a function that can produce the same page without toolbar so user can print!!! look at grid and form, it is the same idea, I mean it is not like windows applications (currently in grid and form) it is simply a button shows the same thing then you will need to click control +P again to print!! did you notice that, so I wouldn’t actually call it a print button , i would rather call it “printable version” or something, hopefully you get my point

if you get a workaround anyway then will be great :slight_smile:

Cheers

I tell you more man, if you make control application with custom template, the whole toolbar is gone.
And why ask stupid questions like what your control app does?
I got one sc guy because catch fields crash on some fields. So i send him the text. Instead of solving they ask you data, your code, may be next your girlfriend.
I kind of cannot take serious this anymore.

can you explain? did you manage to have print button for control app?

as i said, there is no toolbaar. so you have to program every single button for control applications (at least the one that is practical - custom html template). obviously, you cannot go far with outdated out of the box SC layouts. and if you have to program every button in PHP , what is the use of SC? I mean , common guys, SC php code runs so strange. if you reference a field in a button php it does not pass it as a parameter. but if you put the code in php function part , it runs wel. that kind of things make development a survival. to be honest , after half a year am sick of it.

Well, when you want to help, sometimes more data is needed to offer a possible workaround. If you don’t like it, you can always ignore it.

Instead of solving

Uhm…and why I or other forum member is bound to solve it? Remember this forum is driven by volunteers.

they ask you data, your code, may be next your girlfriend.

About your girlfriend not thanks. I’m sure is so cute, but I have enough with one wife in my life.
About your data and code, sorry for the confusion, but I’m not interested at all. Your code is safe to be copied. I’m totally self-sufficient working with SC and other languages and enviroments on high-level projects.
If you don’t like the FREE support in the forums, you are welcome to contact with me or others power-users privately to solve your problem, paying the rates, of course. Other forumers use my services, you can ask for references. I will try to not ask stupid questions, I promise.

I kind of cannot take serious this anymore.

Serious why?, your post was hilarious.

Nice, agree with Giu Philosophy.

So in short, print button is not available in control application, Im not sure it is missed or they need a lot of work to add it, this topic here should do the job in requesting to add it as suggestion, hopefully they include it ASAP.

Meanwhile, if anyone can point out ‘clear and reasonable’ workaround with examples or steps or code, is appreciated.

Thanks Giu, Merry Christmas.

I realize that if you what to print or export reports you probably have to use grids or forms with custom templates. SC does not say it clear so for novices it is hard to get that control app has limited functionalities and should not be used if you have reporting/export needs. to be honest, i am confused why control app exist because if SC would allow forms to run without the datasource (you can create new fields,right) you have much more functionalities in the pocket.

you are right, I am hilarious sometimes. Too much experience and i find many SC design choices funny and re-inventing the wheel. There is nothing better designed than MS Access for RAD. SC will realize it some day .