Why does scriptcase shows other available user tables when i only connect to 1 user?

Hi all,

I’m evaluating scriptcase at the moment. i am using oracle db for my development. I can manage to connect but the problem is ti shows all non related tables from other users even after i connect to a particular user at connection.

lets say i connect to user1 db…but when i create a form,grid or etc,the table selection dropdown shows all tables and other users in my database server…

for example i can see user1.profile and i can even see user.2profile…

this slows down the process of retrieving user tables.i only want the user’s table when i login that user. why is this happening?

i did try a few other php generator product like scriptcase but this does not happen. Does anybody seem to be facing this issue?

im in particular now can see other system users(such as sys,sysman,sysdba)…all of these are unnecessary.

I am not a support person, but I believe it is because all those tables are public.
I was working with another rad program (witango renamed to terascribe) and we had the exact same issue.
We were using odbc connection and it would take forever to bring up the tables.

Like I said I am not support, just trying to help.

By the way according to our db there was not a work around.

Kevin

[QUOTE=Kdriscoll;11288]I am not a support person, but I believe it is because all those tables are public.
I was working with another rad program (witango renamed to terascribe) and we had the exact same issue.
We were using odbc connection and it would take forever to bring up the tables.

Like I said I am not support, just trying to help.

By the way according to our db there was not a work around.

Kevin[/QUOTE]

Thanks Kevin for sharing your information. So to say, there’s not even a way to make the tables private??

It’s definitely an issue of Oracle. You can simply try that yourself by listing the tables (select * from tab) in pl-sql. As the tables are in a certain namespace, it would be nice if SC would be enhanced with a filter possiblity on the tablelist or to let the table name entered manually. Downloading all unneeded table descriptions takes quite some time which can be saved imho. Perhaps some solution with the repository might help. Bartho?

If you create an connection (you can edit current) then you have to assign your oracle connection. If you click on advances (right under) then you get additional settings. You can set a filter for your tables there.

Hello,

You can apply filters on your db connection settings. I believe by doing so, you can avoid showing tables that aren’t relevant to you.

See more at the end of the page: http://downloads.scriptcase.com.br/downloads/v6/manual/en_us/webhelp/manual_mp/06-Tutoriais/08-oracle/05-oracle_sc.htm

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

thanks guys. i was able to filter it by owner. at first i thought i can only filter by table. it would be hard to key in 700 tables i have.

I’m glad you were able to filter with everyone’s assistance. You can always contact our support regarding issues like those.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann