Worth change to SSD just because of ScriptCase?

Hi!

My question, that development in scriptcase is more performant with ssd (instead of hdd)? Or it’s not worth to replace hdd with ssd?
Can be expressed in percent (%) the difference?

What is your experience?

Thanks
Adam

That question cannot be answered easily because there are too many things involved. Your pc/laptop will improve performance significantly. But how much depends on a lot of things.

Not old pc.

intel i3-i5, 4 GB RAM, and 500 GB HDD

So processor is strong.

(I’m new to SC, not thinking in too big projects).

Well buying a SSD will improve your PC to all uses. But if you don’t feel is necessary to buy a SSD, there are a few changes you can do to improve SC performance. You can for instance change a few php.ini directives such as: max_memory, post_max_size… You can change the database SC runs on (not the one you use on your projects), from SQLite to MySQL (or any other RDBMS).

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

Hi Bartho,
How do we do the DB change? Thank might be good for me, as I have routines that backup my mysql db’s - that way the SC ‘system’ DB would be backed up in same way…

Aruna, The biggest jump in my productivity has been to move from using my PC based SC to an install on my webhost. Sp far it is fast, and I do deploys to a server folder, saving a TON of time doing ftp or zip/manual uploads. It was a major improvement in time for me :slight_smile:

As far as SSD upgrades, there are some amazing deals out there now. Might be worth it just to get the os booting fast too :slight_smile:

Jamie

Hello Jamie,

See the following steps:

1 - BACK UP your SC.

2 - Make a new installation of SC.

2.1 - Download SC ZIP from our site
2.2 - Unzip that under your WEB folder. For instance, let’s say you have /wwwroot/scriptcase, then you will create a new folder /wwwroot/scriptcaseNEW and unzip SC under the new folder.
2.3 - Install SC: http://downloads.scriptcase.com.br/downloads/v7/manual/en_us/webhelp/manual_mp/02-Instalacao/04-Manual_Install.htm
2.4 - Make sure to select your RDBMS on the 4th step: http://downloads.scriptcase.com.br/downloads/v7/manual/en_us/webhelp/manual_mp/02-Instalacao/img/img8.png

2.5 - Now you have SC DB structure under your RDBMS.

3 - Migrate the data from your SQLite installation to your RDBMS. (Remember: BACK UP first)

4 - Make sure everything is ok under your new installation.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

It’s nice to be able to get the database in MySQL in stead of SQLite. But then we need a migration path to do so… if we would see advantages. SQLite is much faster than MySQL due to a lot of reasons. And that was the issue. More speed…

I’m a bit confused with your message. Did you mean MySQL is faster than SQLite?

regads,
Bernhard Bernsmann