Wrong Connection problems

Hi - can anyone help

I have deployed my application to live from dev and set up the relevant database connections using the production environment console

The problem is, that when i log into ,my application it is still connecting to the dev database rather than the live database

Both test and live databases are on the same server (Mysql)

anyone got any ideas?

Will

Try with another browser, is because your session vars probably.

When i log into another browser I can get my LIVE DB via my LIVE system … BUT … then my TEST system is connecting to the LIVE DB

It seams that whichever environment i log into first becomes the persistent DB connection no matter which environment I log into?

Anyone any ideas on how to force a reset ?

[QUOTE=william@victus-vsuk.co.uk;35083]When i log into another browser I can get my LIVE DB via my LIVE system … BUT … then my TEST system is connecting to the LIVE DB

It seams that whichever environment i log into first becomes the persistent DB connection no matter which environment I log into?

Anyone any ideas on how to force a reset ?[/QUOTE]

This realy sounds like a cookie problem. Are you mixing dev and prod environments? Then I recommend you to clear your browser cache and cookies.

I have 4 environments DEV - TEST - NEAR LIVE - LIVE

LIVE on its own box
I have found if i use an incognito window and close it when I have finished that I can switch between my TEST - NEAR LIVE
Although it is a bit of a pain

^^^^^^

This

yep … its cookies … once i delete the cookie it works

Cheers … just need to find a suitable solution … other than splitting servers

Virtual hosts must do the job too.

William,

In your root directory for a particular server, create/edit a .htaccess file and plug in this line:

php_value session.name “MYSESSID”

For each server (i.e., DEV, TEST, NEAR_LIVE, LIVE) change “MYSESSID” to a unique value.

Of course clear cache and cookies after creating the .htaccess files.

This enables different virtual hosts to use differently named cookies to store their PHP Session ID.
If this does not seem to work, then make sure your Virtual Host definition (Apache) sets AllowOverride to All.

Dave

[QUOTE=daveprue;35105]William,

In your root directory for a particular server, create/edit a .htaccess file and plug in this line:

php_value session.name “MYSESSID”

For each server (i.e., DEV, TEST, NEAR_LIVE, LIVE) change “MYSESSID” to a unique value.

Of course clear cache and cookies after creating the .htaccess files.

If this does not seem to work, then make sure your Virtual Host definition sets AllowOverride to All.

Dave[/QUOTE]

Good trick

information which is very interesting, very helpful at all