Wrong File Permissions when unzip Deploy System

Hi people i was working with SC [SIZE=12px]8.1.062.

I deploy my system on a Linux Server using CPANEL

When i unzip the package the file permissions are

777 -> For Directories
666 -> For Files

So i get a internal server error.

When i do the same process with another system using SC 6
the file permissions are

755 -> For Directories[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12px]644 -> For Files (These are the right ones)

I try to upload the zip file using:
CPANEL
FTP
SFTP
SCP

And there is the same problem, i seems the zip file generated by SC 8.1.062 has something different.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12px]So… each time i upload my system in a zip file i have to run this commands.[/SIZE]

find ./ -type d -exec chmod 755 {} ;
find ./ -type f -exec chmod 644 {} ;

[SIZE=12px]Please can you fix it ?[/SIZE]

I, likewise have had the same issue. Support states that it is not their doing, but it must be something on the server. Whatever it is, it is a pain. It never used to do it, but it does now.

There are no permissions in a zip file. There are just files in there…All you do is copy them…

Hi people thanks for your answers.

I know there is no file permission in a zip file, but please try it.

Generate a zip file to deploy a system with sc [SIZE=12px]8.1.062.[/SIZE]

And check the file permissions when unzip it.

I had the same problem, and I did not really know what it was, now that JJHermosillo showed its solution, I understood the error, I hope they can solve this problem in future updates

Thanks JJHermosillo, you solved many headaches

Hi, I have the same problem. It think it concerns to linux SC, I have two licenses for MAC and LINUX. The MAC zip works fine but the LINUX unzip folder 777 and files 666. Should be a misconfiguration in Linux but I dont know. I have linux ubuntu distro. Im deployment in a cpanel server with centos. Any Ideas?

I have the same problem. I think it’s a LINUX Scriptcase version problem. I also have the MAC license and it works fine. _I?m also making the deployment in linux Cpanel with both SC versions and the MAC works properly but not with LINUX. It could be any misconfiguration in the Linux side but I don’t know. any ideas?

Uploading files should never change file permissions. To confirm whether this is an SC problem, do the following:

1. Make a copy of one of your web application directories.
  2. Archive the directory (i.e. tar -zcvf webapp.tar.gz /htdocs/webappdircopy) and download it to your local workstation PC.
  3. Change the file permissions in the copied directory.
  4. Upload the archive and then extract the files (i.e. tar -zxvf webapp.tar.gz)

Are the file permissions the same on extraction?
If so - and they should be - then it’s a SC problem.

If you deploy files on linux then it’s dependent on how the webserver and ftp server has been configured. Sometimes all directories are set to readonly, sometimes to 744. the owner of the files can be the login users, or ‘apache’ etc. It’s mainly depending on the provider. To be honest, we have deployed our applications on a lot of servers worldwide. We have had this issue, but only one or two times I can remember, both on an Australian host.

I also noticed at the end of last year or early this year this error.
And I think that there is an error in the SC.

If you do not believe me try what one year old zip and it will work like a clock.

Until this solved I work as follows:

• Created zip unpacked on the local computer.
  • Then make a new zip from this
  • and UL on the server and unpack on the server and [SIZE=12px]the file permissions are OK.[/SIZE]

Hello Rik, You`re right. The old ZIP work like a clock.

Your solution works now for me, my folders are uploading with the right permissions.

Thank you very much.