Zend required in production?

I thought that the zend software packages were only required on the development system that was running the SC interface and not in the production environment that created projects are installed on. However I am able to log into the _lib/ interface to setup the production environment, however after setting up the connections I am still not able to view my applications. I checked _lib/diagnosis.php and found this ->

Zend Guard Run-time support missing!

This is followed by installation direction. However I have some customers that might not have Zend installed on their host provider setup. I am trying to determine what the minimal installation needs are for a generated application to function. I setup an ubuntu apache server, added database clients, configured it all and rolled out an application to it. I tried installing the ZendGuardLoader.so as well as the zend framework and libraries but am still getting the an error on the diagnosis.php page.

Any Ideas?

Thanks SC6 new user here

Re: Zend required in production?

Here is the Zend Guard Loaded section from info.php…

Zend Guard Loader
Zend Guard Loader enabled
License Path no value
Obfuscation level 3

Not sure what else to do at this point. I have followed all the instruction on the error page ->

Zend Guard Run-time support missing!

One more more files on this web site were encoded by ZendGuard and the required run-time support is not installed orproperly configured.
For the Web site user

This means that this Web server is not configured correctly to runthe files that it contains. Please contact the Web site’sadministrator/webmaster and inform them of this problem and give themthe URL you are trying to display to help them in diagnosing theproblem.
For The Site Administrator/Web Master

One or more files on your site were encoded with Zend Guard. Thismay be third party libraries that were provided to you by an ISV. Toallow these files to properly run you need to download and installone of the Zend guard run-time libraries. This is either ZendOptimizer or Zend Loader. The proper files can be downloaded fromhttp://www.zend.com/guard/downloads.This software is provided free of charge.

General Disclaimer: Zend Technologies is not responsible tothe configuration and setup of web sites using Zend Guard technology.Please contact your software vendor if these components were providedby an ISV or consult your Zend Guard Users Guide if these files wereencoded by your organization.

I am using php 5.3 so I used the ZendGuardLoader 5.5 for 64bit linux.

Thanks in advance for any advice or direction that you might be able to offer…

Re: Zend required in production?

Sorry, had to restart apache, not just reload it. I think it might be working now. I hope this confusion helps someone else some day…