Can't choose Database Name in PROD environment

Hello All.

Recently have started to use SC.

Problem:
After deployment can’t choose Database Name in Production Environment when creating or editing DB connection.
Simply there is blank dropdown list.

Test Connection shows Connection Success.

Tried:
Change DBMS Type (MySQL (Transaction), MySQL, MySQL PDO) no success…

Sequence:
Applications shows: “Error while accessing the database: No database selected”.

Maybe someone can help.
Thanks.

Did you create your database in the production environment? Scriptcase will not deploy your database, only the php.

Thank you for fast reply.

DB is on the other server and is fully operating.

In SC under Database->Edit Connection I can choose my DB connection and there is “List Database” button near Database Name Dropdown box.
I can see all Databases.

It looks like your DB in production is not accessible somehow. It looks like a config problem. Can you access your db from phpMyAdmin?

Same problem with
linux ubuntu 13.10
PHP 5.5.3-1
mysql-server 5.5.34-0
in development a production environment.
SC last update

App in development environment runs ok but …

After deployment of the application to the production environment (and done chmod 777 _lib -R).

On ‘Test connection’ the message ‘Connection Success’ y shown.

The next error appears at the moment of 'Database name’clic:
“Connection error mysql_connect() : the mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future : use mysqli or PDO instead”

After a clic on ‘Test connection’ the message dissapears and connection seems to be ok but no connection has been done and no databases are shown. Only if the procces is done form the beginig is possible to see the error message again.

(Database paramenters are ok and phpmyadmin gives access to the database winth same parametres).

More info:

Link to a comment about the php problem “Connection error mysql_connect() : the mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future : use mysqli or PDO instead”

The way to solve is not possible for SC users: the php code is inside SC.

http://www.bestwebframeworks.com/tut...future-of-php/

ABSTRACT:
"…

Why was mysql deprecated in PHP 5.5?

Johannes Schl?ter, one of the PHP developers listed missing points like these:

Stored Procedures
Prepared Statements
(SSL-)Encryption
Compression
Full charset support

How to solve the warnings?

Currently mostly many MySQL connections in PHP use this construct:
php:
<?php
$link = mysql_connect(‘localhost’, ‘user’, ‘password’);
mysql_select_db(‘dbname’, $link);

The way with MySQLi would be like this:
php:
<?php
$link = mysqli_connect(‘localhost’, ‘user’, ‘password’, ‘dbname’);

To run database queries is also simple and nearly identical with the old way:
php:
<?php
// Old
mysql_query('CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE table', $link);
// New
mysqli_query($link, 'CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE table');

Alternative solutions

Besides the shown possibility there’s are also solutions like using MySQLi in object oriented style or even switch to PHPs PDO (PHP Data Objects) like shown in this PDO Tutorial for MySQL Developers.

Filthy and fastest solution

Suppress all deprecated warnings including them from mysql_*:
php:
<?php
error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_DEPRECATED);

…"

Mmmm, that’s beyond me. But MySql PDO is supported. I’m running mysql 5.1.x so I can’t look into it. I advise to post a message to SC. I’ll attend them on this thread.

More information…
(using last SC update)

Writing on Server/Host (Name or IP) and port the rigth info
leaving empty Username and Password
and doing Test Connection (with all of the DBMS Type: MYSQL transaction, MYSQL and MYSQL PDO)
the result is ‘Connection Success’.

Connection to MYSQL database server without user and password isn’t really possible. (I’ve tried it specifically on my server where I’ve seen the SC action described and it isn’t possible.)

Where to find the configuration file for putting manually DB Host, Name, Password for PROD to work?

Hello,

This problem occurs because the version of PHP 5.5 and not the version of MySQL
We are checking this problem.

Indeed my PROD environment is built on PHP 5.5.3.

Should I try use the same PHP version as in DEV env?

[QUOTE=Igors;20485]Indeed my PROD environment is built on PHP 5.5.3.

Should I try use the same PHP version as in DEV env?[/QUOTE]

Hello Mr. Igor,

This is just a warning message, but I do not know why Scriptcase is not listing databases.

It is recommended to use either the mysqli or PDO_MySQL extensions. It is not recommended to use the old mysql extension for new development, as it has been deprecated as of PHP 5.5.0 and will be removed in the future.

You can use PHP version 5.4 without problems.

Hi everyone,
I too have experienced the exact same condition. I am unable to pulldown the database name in the production environment setup. I can click test and it comes out OK, but get the deprecation message at some point.

I am also using PHP 5.5 , and I will test it again using a PHP 5.4 setup.

Just including this info to maintain a complete record of the error.
Peace,
Jamie

Just confirming, this error happens on version 7.01.0014 using PHP5.5. I was able to simply do my deployment into a PHP5.4 environment and it worked normally.
Peace,
Jamie

Hi John L.Santos

Has this been solved yet? I am running PHP Version 5.5.3 and I am having the same issue. It is not listing any databases. This is going to be serious issue. Can this be resolved ASAP?

Or at least let us know where to go and edit the configuration file?

Regards
Narayanan

I am attaching the image for more clarity

errorduringconnection.jpg

I am attaching the image for more clarity

I looked into MySqli also and it is supported in my current local environment. See the attached image from php_info(). I have installed php and mysql using XAMPP.

mysqlisupport.jpg

I have the same problem with PHP 5.4.20

[QUOTE=John L. Santos;20493]Hello Mr. Igor,

This is just a warning message, but I do not know why Scriptcase is not listing databases.

You can use PHP version 5.4 without problems.[/QUOTE]

Hello John,

I have the same problem with PHP 5.4.20, could you tell me when scriptcase think to resolve this bug. I’m right in the implementation phase of a project and this issue is currently the biggest drawback for me.

Thanks

[QUOTE=ajhernan;22009]Hello John,

I have the same problem with PHP 5.4.20, could you tell me when scriptcase think to resolve this bug. I’m right in the implementation phase of a project and this issue is currently the biggest drawback for me.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Some Databases have a configuration to List (or not) all databases. That may be what is causing the issue.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

[QUOTE=John L. Santos;20493]Hello Mr. Igor,

[/QUOTE]

Any news about this problem?