Can't choose Database Name in PROD environment

[QUOTE=John L. Santos;20493]Hello Mr. Igor,

This problem occurs because the version of PHP 5.5 and not the version of MySQL
This is just a warning message, but I do not know why Scriptcase is not listing databases.
We are checking this problem.

You can use PHP version 5.4 without problems.[/QUOTE]

Any news about this problem?

I come across this problem, as far as im aware it’s because MySQL extension is deprecated in PHP 5.5.x. You will have to update your database to MySQLi or a run your app on a server running PHP 5.4.x or lower. This is as much as i know and i don’t think it’s a problem with Scriptcase.

I am having this issue also, but using PHP 5.4.
Any help would be appreciated as this is stopping me from installing on this server.

Hi everyone,
Same problem with me, the databases are accessible if keep the same name as development environment, the only thing is that i can’t select a database, the combobox is empty…

(PHP 5.5)

Hello guys,

Could the issue be related to MySQL’s show database on your prod environment? http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/show-databases.html

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

Has this been resolved? It looks like the initial post was 6 months ago. Downgrading PHP to a lower version is not an option, nor an acceptable solution.
Even if in the interim you provide a way to manually edit the configuration file, if possible, that would suffice. I am unable to use this software as advertised because of this flaw.
Thanks.

I concur with lanrobo - this is causing me a huge problem as downgrading is also just not an option. Does or will SC 8 resolve this? If so when is it expected to be made available?

bartho - “mysqlshow” from the command line shows the databases fine whether as root or a different user

Hello,
I have the same problem. I can’t choose a database.

My environment is:
ubuntu 14.04.1
Zend 3.3
PHP 5.4.20
Apache/2.4.6
MySQL Server version: 5.5.38-0

ScriptCase Devel: 8.0.000
ScriptCase Prod: 7.1.010

Can someone choose the database in the scriptcase production environment with PHP 5.4 or higher?

Pleased, it’s very urgent!!

screen.jpg

Hello again:

In may previous post I said that my PHP version was 5.4.20, but it was a mistake. these was the result of may scriptcase diagnosis. My PHP version is 5.5.9 and as I red I need PHP 5.4 to work fine in production environment.

The problem is that ubuntu 14.04 LTS comes with PHP 5.5 and it’s not easy to downgrade PHP 5.4. Then previous ubuntu 12.02 LTS comes with PHP 5.3.10, but you can upgrade to php 5.4.20 easily. Therefore, I think that while ScriptCase not support php 5.5 is recommended to use ubuntu 12.02 winth PHP 5.4.20

The question is whether to have the php version 5.5 instead of 5.4 is the reason that no databases appear in the drop down list and when ScriptCase will support php 5.5?

[QUOTE=ajhernan;25528]Hello again:

In may previous post I said that my PHP version was 5.4.20, but it was a mistake. these was the result of may scriptcase diagnosis. My PHP version is 5.5.9 and as I red I need PHP 5.4 to work fine in production environment.

The problem is that ubuntu 14.04 LTS comes with PHP 5.5 and it’s not easy to downgrade PHP 5.4. Then previous ubuntu 12.02 LTS comes with PHP 5.3.10, but you can upgrade to php 5.4.20 easily. Therefore, I think that while ScriptCase not support php 5.5 is recommended to use ubuntu 12.02 winth PHP 5.4.20

The question is whether to have the php version 5.5 instead of 5.4 is the reason that no databases appear in the drop down list and when ScriptCase will support php 5.5?[/QUOTE]

You can override PHP version with .htaccess AFAIR

If not, you can use vhosts using a different PHP version too. PHP 5.4 and 5.5 and 4, can live in the same enviroment, you don’t need to downgrade all system.

I have similar problem. I have testing site running on XAMPP v1.7.7 (believe it is PHP v5.3.8)
MySQL is up and running on remote server (so I used server IP). When I open Connection settings for the App I can run Connection test and it is successful, but when trying to select database from the dropdown list it takes forever and nothing ever shows up…

I’m going to d-load the database and set it up locall to see if this would work, although this isn’t the way I want it setup.
I think SC should allow to type in a database name manually as well then trey to connect later. At this moment is work the other way around. It tries to connect and pull database list, then it connects. Both scenarios should work.

Arthur

PS>
I forgot, what was the command to test PHP version on remote hosting server ?

phpinfo is what you are searching for… phpinfo();

Hi

I too have this problem :(. I am getting the following error

Connection Error

Unable to connect: Connection attempt failed: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock’ (2)

My Production Environments are

Server version: 5.5.37-35.0-log
PHP version 5.4

My production env has only the following options to switch back

PHP 5.2 or PHP 5.3

I am not sure which environment to switch back

I am in very bad state now :frowning:

Regards
Narayanan

[QUOTE=nnara530;25907]Hi

I too have this problem :(. I am getting the following error

Connection Error

Unable to connect: Connection attempt failed: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock’ (2)

PHP version 5.4

PHP 5.2 or PHP 5.3

I am not sure which environment to switch back

I am in very bad state now :frowning:

Regards
Narayanan[/QUOTE]

Did you installed mysql-server package? Your error isn’t The same of this thread. Your error shows it can’t connect to mysql server, and has more to do with with connection Params .

Hi,

Now I am not getting this error but however it is not listing any databases :frowning:

Can some one help me here?

Regards
Narayanan

i had the same issue, after i read many forums an treads, decided to downgrade the wamp version to 2.4 from the main webpage of wamp developer (http://sourceforge.net/projects/wampserver/files/WampServer%202/Wampserver%202.4/) my SC version is 7.01.0021 and i’m working now without problems

tuve el mismo problema, despu?s de leer muchos foros y muchos hilos, decidi bajar la versi?n de mi servidor desde la pagina de wamp, mi version de SC es 7.01.0021 y ahora estoy trabajando sin problema alguno

php.jpg

Hi Welectronic,

Thank you for your reply. The issue is my production hosting provider have only php versions of PHP 5.2, PHP 5.3 or 5.4.

I can do the above in my local environment but not the production environment. Are you saying that if I install the above and do a build and deploy package and then it will work in any production environment?

Or my production environment also need to be similar to the above?

I am surprised why ScriptCase is not acting on this issue as this will have a larger customer impact. Big disappointment from SC. I keep upgrading SC; now I need to seriously think twice before upgrading next time :frowning: .

Regards
Narayanan

I want to know whether scriptcase has resolved this issue or not? Right now I am using 7.1

PHP version 5.4

PHP 5.2 or PHP 5.3

It is still not listing the database I tried all three (MySQL Transaction, MySQL, MySQL PDO)

Big disappointment. Need quick resolution for this bug from SC ASAP.

Regards
Narayanan

I want to know whether scriptcase has resolved this issue or not? Right now I am using 7.1

PHP version 5.4

My production env has only the following options to switch back PHP 5.2 or PHP 5.3

Big disappointment. Need quick resolution for this bug from SC ASAP.

It is still not listing the database I tried all three (MySQL Transaction, MySQL, MySQL PDO)

Regards
Narayanan

Same problem since almost the beginning og this thread : I cannot choose database when configuring production environment…I am using wamp server 2.5