Can't choose Database Name in PROD environment

Ok :smiley: good news
I did solved it while watching php logs :
I used a password with accent (xxx?yyy) for the database access : the wizzard can connect to the database but fails to retrieve installed bases !!!
seems to be a bug somewhere in the mysql access.
Anyhow : avoid using special characters to access your mysql database !!!
By the way : the used version of php (I saw some concerns about 5.5) has nothing to do with the bug… till now, my wamp 2.5 is ok for deployed project

Hope it helps

Hi,
I have the same problem, I solve it by install parallel php as fastCGI, you can find the answer in :http://www.jabommi.de/wiki/downgrade-php-5-5-to-5-3-ubuntu-14-with-multiple-php-versions/
My system is Ubuntu 14, php-5.5.9, and now I can swatch my website to php-5.4.33 and no need to downgrade, it work

Follow these ‘backdoor’ step :

1. Find the file “nmPageAdminSysAllConectionsCreateWizard.class.php” in this folder :
    …your_app_folder…_lib\prod\lib\php\devel\class\page
  2. Find and replace syntax : ‘mysql_connect()’ with ‘mysqli_connect()’
  3. Save the file
  4. Back to your production environment page, Edit your database connection
  5. Fill in database field manually
  6. Save and logout

The postings have been placed long time ago and there is no final solution yet. I am having this problem now. Please help

Hola alguna solucion ???

Hable con un operador :

Ramon Ranieri:[SIZE=14px]Lo Scriptcase 8 no funciona com el PHP 5.5.9[/SIZE]

Ramon Ranieri:[SIZE=14px]solamente con la versi?n 5.4 para el Scriptcase 8 o a 5.6 para el Scriptcase 8.1

Tendre que pasarme a la 8.1 o hacer un downgrade en el servidor de produccion con lo que eso implica.[/SIZE]

A container’s databases exist in both the development and the production environment.

I understand that this is a very old thread but I did have the same problem and developed a reasonably good workaround.

The issue is, as has been previously posted, that php 5.5, which is part of many distributions, has deprecated certain php commands which are generated by older versions of Scriptcase. It is impractical to change php code after scriptcase generation since that defeats the purpose of Scriptcase which is to automatically generate working php code.

Likewise, it is impractical to expect users to downgrade their servers or php version since other applications in their distribution rely on the higher php versions.

Install a program called phpbrew. Once installed, you can then install multiple versions of PHP side by side on your server and choose which version you want to use at the command line but this is only part of the solution since scriptcase applications are run under apache2.

The rest of the solution involves configuring apache2 to run with the version of php that you need (5.4) under, in my case, /etc/apache2/mods-available and activating it in /etc/apache2/mods-enabled. Restart the webserver and you will be good to go.

I believe that after you have configured the database in scriptcase production environment, you can return apache2 to the latest php version in /etc/apache2/mods-available, restart apache2 and your scriptcase application will still run. At least mine did.

I would be happy to provide additional details if anyone is still chasing this issue.