Error upgrading to php 8

Good afternoon,
a few weeks ago I upgraded my escriptcase version to php 8. Since that change my login screen in development shows me this message.
Can anyone help me?
Has it happened to anyone else?

Thanks

r /> Warning: Undefined array key “charset” in /var/www/html/_lib/lib/php/nm_utf8.php on line 32

Warning: Undefined array key “charset” in /var/www/html/_lib/lib/php/nm_utf8.php on line 32

Warning: Undefined array key “charset” in /var/www/html/_lib/lib/php/nm_utf8.php on line 40

Warning: Undefined array key “charset” in /var/www/html/_lib/lib/php/nm_utf8.php on line 42

Deprecated: mb_convert_encoding(): Passing null to parameter #2 ($to_encoding) of type string is deprecated in /var/www/html/_lib/lib/php/nm_utf8.php on line 79

Fatal error: Uncaught ValueError: mb_convert_encoding(): Argument #2 ($to_encoding) must be a valid encoding, “” given in /var/www/html/_lib/lib/php/nm_utf8.php:79 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/_lib/lib/php/nm_utf8.php(79): mb_convert_encoding(’’, ‘’, ‘UTF-8’) #1 /var/www/html/_lib/lib/php/nm_utf8.php(42): sc_convert_encoding(’’, NULL, ‘UTF-8’) #2 /var/www/html/_lib/lib/php/nm_utf8.php(345): sc_html_entity_decode(’’) #3 /var/www/html/login/index.php(2066): NM_utf8_urldecode(’’) #4 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/_lib/lib/php/nm_utf8.php on line 79

Can it be that you upgraded your SC instance and not install fresh? If not, then something must have been wrong with the install. I would do a fresh install on a separate folder anyways.

2 Likes

Hello, the installation is new, on a new server as well. But the project was initially developed on a server with php 7 and was restored from a backup on this new server with version 8.

Could the error be about (parts of) your event code? There are compatibility issues between PHP 7 and 8. Verify the character encoding of your application, database and if necessary set it in the application section of your program.