Intermittant Mysqli_real_connect(): MySQL server has gone away on Dev (MacOS)

I have been receiving more and more instances of the above message in recent times on my dev machine (MacOS).

Everything will be humming along nicely, and then I just get the error - seemingly at random. The error seems to only appear when I generate apps and when testing the connection. All other SC functions seem to be working fine, including running apps. However, when I generate apps I get the following full message:

mysqli_real_connect(): MySQL server has gone away | Script: /Applications/Scriptcase/v9-php73/wwwroot/scriptcase/prod/third/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysqli.inc.php linha: 111

The impact is inconsistent - sometimes it works to just close the browser completely & restart SC, but more often I have to re-boot the MacBook to continue working. Very annoying.

I have checked the usual MYSQL config variables responsible for this, and I cannot see anything obvious that might be causing the issue. MySQL Workbench is reporting the following settings:

• max_allowed_packet = 1073741824 (1GB!)
  • wait_timeout = 28800 (8 hrs)

The error log shows nothing since I was last using it (although there were some issues ~12hrs ago - I have been using it since). The last entry was when I last re-started it about 6 hrs ago and were the usual start-up log entries.

I can also report the following:

1. MySQL version 8.0.26. SC 9.10.012.
  2. I ran mysqlcheck on the command line and everything reported OK.
  3. MySQK Workbench reports that MySQL is running.
  4. When I clicked on Test Connection with SC’s Edit Connection, it reports the same error as above (MySQL server has gone away). So while everything appears OK, SC is clearly having issues, albeit transient.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas for workaround?

Regards.