ION CUBE Does not support MAC M1 - So Scriptcase does not function

I have just moved my Dev environment to a Mac Mini M1, using MAMP Pro.
Although my environment is mirrored to my Old iMac I get the error message
" Site error: the ionCube PHP Loader needs to be installed. This is a widely used PHP extension for running ionCube protected PHP code, website security and malware blocking. Please visit get-loader.ioncube.com for install assistance."

After installing the ioncube wizard it appears the only PHP version supported by ioncube is 7.4, and Scriptcase uses PHP 7.3.

Have I just rendered Scriptcase unusable?
Any help would be appreciated

I am not sure why you duplicate the message when Alistar from ionCube Support gave you an answer on you first post Ioncube Mac M1 not available?

Hi Nico
I still need an urgent solution. Currently unable to develop in Scriptcase and decided to add to bugs to see if support was monitoring and I might get a response from SC.

Kind Regards
Andy

Solution from SC
Good afternoon sir.

Sorry for the delay in responding, we’ve had a lot of cases lately.

Sir, you could try to do the automatic installation, because it already comes with the ioncuber service.

You could also do a parallel installation, which will automatically come with ioncuber, and it will work.

You take the information from the old Scriptcase and put it in the new one.

Do this solution provided by SC Support worked on Mac with M1?

Using Homebrew, did manual install of SC.
native php7.4 with ioncube loader for mac m1 beta.

Problem with Zendid
Replace zendid file containing
arch -arch x86_64 zendid.mac64
then allow app from Security & Privacy

Installation was successful.

Compiled SC Sample Project → errors mostly on Calendars
compilation is pretty fast compare to my old i7 8th gen.

Getting errors like Deprecated: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc()
I have to turn-off php error reporting in php.ini.

Worked in some but I would not recommend.

You can turn it off dynamically

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_NOTICE);

1 Like

Problem with Zendid
Replace zendid file containing
arch -arch x86_64 zendid.mac64
then allow app from Security & Privacy

Hi, very interested in your solution. I’m actually working with Mamp pro on a new Mac M1 and blocked with “Zendid permission execution”.
Well, don’t understand the zendid file replacement you’r talking about.
could you explain more in details ? Really helpful and apreciate, as you may imagine !

Thanks in advance

Herve

Hi, so we work with a similar environment. M1 mac and I also run MAMP pro at the same time.

Yes, the Parallel installation resolved my problems, I have also recently upgraded to 8.1 and all is running smoothly.

Kind regards,
Andy

Hi,

You mean that you’r working with two automatic installations (SC mac installer) working on same Mac M1 AND a working Mamp Pro ?

My problematic actual situation on Ventura Mac M1 is

• Running : Mamp pro PHP 8.1 manual installation, with copy / past stuff (loader, idex per example) from an automatic sc mac php8 installer

• Not running : Mamp pro PHP 7.4 manual installation. Always ZendID permission execution. The loader is not executable for this “hardware”

Did you know where i may download a last previous SC Mac installer for php 7.4 running on M 1 ?
There’s only the php 8.1download link in scriptcase website

Thanks in advance

Herve

Hi
No, I do not have a manual installation working on my M1 Mac.
It failed on 7.4 so moved to the self-contained version.
I was trying to say MAMP and the Self Contained version does not cause any conflicts.

I gave up in the end with a manual installation, it’s incompatible with the M1.
Sorry
Andy