Just installed scriptcase and it will not connect to local MySQL server

I just installed scriptcase to give it a whirl and in the first steps of setting up a project I am already stuck as it can not connect to my MySQL server running locally. The MySQL sever running on my dev machine works fine as I have had it installed and working for a long time and used it with other projects. I can connect to it using MySQL workbench and is on the standard port.

If I click test connection I get this error

Connection Error

Unknown database 'type or list the database name'

If I click list databases I get this error

Connection Error

Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

scriptcase_test_connection.jpg

scriptcase_list_databases.jpg

If you use the other mysql connection type (not the transctional) does it then work for you?

Thanks for the reply, nope that does not work either. I have actually tried all three connection types. I have also tried disabling my windows firewall which did not work either and if I go to help --> diagnosis all the MySQL stuff checks out. I am really baffled here.

yes, it’s probabely something stupid. Instead of localhost could you try 127.0.0.1 ?

Yup tried that too, is there there a log somewhere or something I can get more info on what is going on behind the scenes?

Not in Scriptcase AFAIK,but if you are an evaluating user I would advise you to get into touch of SC itself by chat or by ticket. If you are running on 3306 and 127.0.0.1 then it simply should work. We (almost) all work in similar installations.

download the sysinternals suite, install it (unzip actually) start tcpview.exe and check that the mysql port is open. Download mysql workbench and see if that connects to your mysql. If not then your problem is in your firewall or router if it is a remote mysql.
If this all does work well then check the rights under which your web server runs. Since your php will run under the same rights. It may be that this is limited.

The problem turned out to be a bug in scriptcase, I don’t know if it is fixed or not as I have stopped playing with it but the bug was scriptcase did not support complex passwords. I had some characters in my password that it did not like, when I made a simple password it worked.

Hello Lukes,

Issue reported to our bugs team.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann