Many errors after updating to version 9.4 - upgrading to 9.3.12?

Hi,

The update to version 9.4 is being a disaster, the updates to 9.4.3 not working. We have errors in functions that previously did not appear of the type “Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘’ (T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE), expecting identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or number (T_NUM_STRING)”, Ajax searches in fields of autocomplete text in grid view forms at the time of insertion it does not work, when you retrieve a version 8 project overwrites the language variables for all projects, and more …

How do you proceed to return to 9.3.12 downgrade? I recover the full directory backup before the update and activate the license for this version?

Thank you

I useually do a full binary backup so I can just recover from that. But your way looks pretty similar so I guess that that should do the job. I would - precaution - backup your projects although it might be that it will not work then because they are of a higher version. So I hope your backup contains the old projects too.

Hi

I had the same problems with 9.4 and others strange things :

• empty global variables in links between apps
  • some customs themes are not recognized
  • parse error on js scripts

I downgraded to 9.3.012 but it’s seems not working because when you open sc9 after that, it automatically Search for patch

Again a new version w/o testing really !!!

SC team are using us as bugs testers and it’s not normal, our existing projects MUST works after an upgrade.

Maybe they can put a link where we can download last 9.3 complete version, it will help too many developers

Hello,

Look my post https://forum.scriptcase.net/forum/bugs-ab/88622-bugs-in-version-9-4-003 we found the solution to go back to the previous version.

It worked for us.

I too had the same problems. I restored my old version but now it will not accept the license. I created a new one in My Scriptcase, but the Register Online script won’t update and the mechanism to request an offline license is broken. I am running on a linux server on a public host.

what is sc support saying?

Hi,

As one of you commented at the end, I had to go back to version 9.3.12 by copying the entire folder before the update. It seems that version 9.4.006 is much more stable than 9.4.003 that I tried to update, can someone tell us if this is so?

At the moment I continue with version 9.3.12, I have projects in production that I can’t risk doing the update and start giving errors, even if we test everything in development. The truth that paints version 9.4 very well but I dare not …

By the way, we have encountered another problem when changing our SC installation server, @enablenet we have that same problem, from SC technical support they tell us that the problem is from HOSTING and from HOSTING they tell us that the problem is SC :frowning: you can see my entry in the forum -> https://forum.scriptcase.net/forum/scriptcase 9/installation-ab/88987-license-activation-error-on-new-server-with-sc9

Thanks

have the same isseus. submit buttons in IE are not working after the uodate :mad:. scriptcase contacted and the quick responded. there now investigate the problem. i’m glad i’m not the only one though…

@rotrax I will continue with version 9.3.12 until 9.4 is more stable :frowning:

is there a way to downgrade, without losing any work done after the update?

hi @rotrax the only way that has worked for me without losing anything is to completely recover the scriptcase directory (whenever I make an update, first I save a complete copy of the scriptcase directory + export aplications through the backup option of the scriptcase program), so there is no need to Renew the license since it is the same server and absolutely nothing is lost from projects or internal configurations.