Master detail, Can someone help me with an example?

[LEFT][SIZE=16px]Hi,

I have two forms configured as master-detail.[/SIZE][/LEFT][LEFT][SIZE=16px] [/SIZE][/LEFT][LEFT][SIZE=16px]The two tables that I use for the master-detail contain the fields “country” and “department”, these are the fields that allow me to create the master-detail form.[/SIZE][/LEFT][LEFT][SIZE=16px] [/SIZE][/LEFT][LEFT][SIZE=16px]Now I need the user to be able to select which country and department they want to see in the master-detail form.[/SIZE][/LEFT]

[LEFT][SIZE=16px]Therefore, if the user selects the country “Mexico” and the department “Human Resources”, the master-detail form should only show the records that meet this selection.[/SIZE][/LEFT]

[LEFT][SIZE=16px]I do not have much experience with scriptcase and I do not know if it is possible to achieve this without developing a lot of code within scriptcase.[/SIZE][/LEFT][LEFT][SIZE=16px] [/SIZE][/LEFT][LEFT][SIZE=16px]Can someone help me with an example of how to achieve this?

Thank you,

Aldo.[/SIZE][/LEFT]

Actually whart you are doing is correct, if you create the form that manages the countries and in the Master-Detail section of this form you set as Detail the form for Department it should work.

You just have to make sure that the Master Form primary Key is linked to the Detail form’s Foreing key.

Regards

Thank you, Kafecadm. My Master/Detail form is working fine now.

Regards,