Netmake, please listen to us.. Please

the problem is always that something external more or less solves the problem… but always more or less, there is always something that doesn’t work perfectly with external integrations.
with very little effort netmake could integrate everything natively into SC without patching external libraries.
external libraries are only useful for really particular things, not to make up for netmake laziness!!

1 Like

In my case, it solved completely my need… there is nothing more or less with my menu. So, Netmake can create its own menu that I don’t care. As I said in one of my previous posts, it’s up to you.

1 Like

could you describe how you open links in SC tabs?
I asked SC a few times , but there is no standard of doing it (big sc_redir macro)

I don’t use SC tabs, my menu has it natively, using JS.

thanks all, nice topic. i have a different approach for a verical menu, but i don’t know how to do the same for a horizontal one.

1. create a menu app and add menu items
  2. in OnLOad i use this code

?>

#css3menut{width:350px;}
.jstree-container-ul jstree-no-dots jstree-wholerow-ul{width:215px;}
.scMenuTTable{background-color:#fff !important;}
.scMenuTItems{
font-weight: normal;
padding: 0px 10px 0px 10px;
color:#fff !important;
}
.scMenuTSubItems {
font-weight: normal !important;
padding: 0px 10px 0px 10px;
color:#626689 !important;
}
.jstree-default .jstree-anchor{padding:11px;}
.jstree-default .jstree-node {margin-left:0px !important;}
.jstree-default .jstree-wholerow {
height:30px !important;
padding:23px;
}
.jstree-default>.jstree-no-dots .jstree-open>.jstree-ocl {margin-top:11.8px;}
.jstree-default>.jstree-no-dots .jstree-closed>.jstree-ocl {margin-top:11.8px;}
.jstree-wholerow-ul .jstree-wholerow{background-color:#626689 !important;border-right:1px solid #D8D8D8}
.jstree-children .jstree-wholerow {
background-color:#fff;
border-width:1px !important;
border-color:#D8D8D8 !important;
border-style:solid !important;
}
.jstree-children .jstree-wholerow-hovered {background-color:#415972 !important;}
.scMenuTItems > .jstree-wholerow {background-color:#fff !important;}
.scMenuTItems > .jstree-wholerow-hovered {background-color:#CAE1FF !important;}

<?php works fine and quick but bo idea is their a similar way for a horizontal menu. any sugestions? ![Schermafbeelding 2023-01-12 165035|220x500](upload://v6EFvqQNw3MVP2dfb1pC1e06LyU.png)

You can do this way

Regards

You are off point, I mentioned the menu as an example, I already solved my problem but its a hard work because I have to solve (all problems) and that’s painful, I need a responsive design for dashboard, grids, forms, solve problem of master/detail because my client can not understand why the detail is blank while he click (New) button? because he can see other software working normally like that, with JavaScript you can solve that problem but why not this basic things not available in the framework, its a low code framework so it should help me in this not wasting my time trying to solve basic problem, I understand that all what I am talking about need time for implementation but not 10 years!

Dear Netmake.
Why I am going to waste my time in something that should be native in the framework it self?
Why there are some bugs that had been reported years ago but still exist?
Why a great framework like SC still using tables instead of fluid code?

Thank you very much for all members of this forum for making this thread important and visible to Netmake.

2 Likes

Thank you very much Albert.

1 Like

Also, the applications open behind the menu, not beside, and don’t resize when menu open or closed.

hi,
the problem is precisely this, not all the solutions that we can build are perfectly integrated with SC, it should be Netmake that integrates the things most requested by its customers into the product.

2 Likes

Radsystems has a TabPage component. For details see https://radsystems.io/features#page-components

@cacti,

I understand that you may have had positive experiences with Radsystems, and it is great to know that you have found a solution that works for you. However, it is not appropriate to constantly redirect users in this Scriptcase forum to the competitor’s website instead of suggesting solutions within the context of Scriptcase.

As a community, we are all committed to finding solutions and improving Scriptcase. We are aware that all software have their own issues, and Scriptcase is no exception. However, it is important to also consider the time and monetary investments that have been made in Scriptcase. Instead of suggesting a switch to a different platform, let’s focus on finding solutions within the context of Scriptcase and making the most of the resources we have.

I would like to remind you that the purpose of this forum is to discuss Scriptcase and its issues, and to share ideas on how to improve it. By redirecting users to Radsystems, you are not only suggesting a switch to a different platform, but also discouraging users to share their ideas and solutions for Scriptcase issues.

I would appreciate it if you could refrain from redirecting users to Radsystems in the future and instead suggest solutions within the context of Scriptcase. Let’s work together to improve this platform and make the most of our investment in it. By doing so, we can make Scriptcase a better system for everyone.

Thank you.

4 Likes

A good answer. Every software has some advantages and some problems. I have an application with more than 500 Grids/Forms and some thousand users on the database and it works !! SC works now with PHP 8.1 . Very fast. Other software has not yet done this step. And often we have an update to resolve issues. I know other software where you have to wait for month before an update is offered. At least concerning the layout, some other software may be nicer … but perhaps not so stable and fast and easy in development…
I will not change o another software … with other problems …

Best regards
Uwe Pfeiffer

2 Likes

@ISS_Pfeiffer

SC works now with PHP 8.1 . Very fast
I have a SaaS software built in SC, the loading time is huge because of simple thing: every application (for example one form) has a folder that contains 42 files! Yes 42 files!!! Because my customers always complains of the loading time (specially master/detail) I forced to rebuild the software in another low code framework, at that time I went to AwareIM, its Java but its the best option for me, the price is too high, but comparing to the production and quality and stability it was perfect, and in 1 week I finished and the product working without any problem.
Other software has not yet done this step. And often we have an update to resolve issues
Totally wrong, checkout AwareIM https://www.awareim.com/ Some bugs fixed within 24 hours, most of them fixed in 72 hours maximum.
At least concerning the layout, some other software may be nicer … but perhaps not so stable and fast and easy in development
Again, totally wrong and based on assumptions!

I still love SC, still have old projects that make me shouting here, I made a payment on the first week of January, but if this year ended as the last year I will left it forever, simply because I am losing my clients.

I still believe that SC is the one of the BEST PHP RADs in the market but the problem is Netmake.

1 Like

With all due respect I was not the person that brought RADSystems into this threat. I also never suggested that that anyone switches to that platform. Someone posted incorrect information which I corrected. I am sure you would expect the same if incorrect information was posted about SC.

Let’s just focus on Scriptcase here. I am working on solution to a Sidebar menu using Bootsrap 5.2.2 and I’ll share the Scriptcase integration on a github repo soon.

I am creating a fresh sidebar and sc apps will open in dynamic bootsrap tabs.

2 Likes

YES!!!
This would be fantaastic!

I feel compelled to chime in here after reading some very antagonistic comments regarding the deficiencies of SC. As for the original thrust of the topic “Netmake, please list to us… Please” I concur that in comparison to some development houses, Netmake have a very very poor customer engagement record (even for those paying for such airtime). Be that what it may, it is what it is!

And so, I faced a similar dilemma when I started out using SC to redevelop a single user desktop app I developed many years ago into a web based multi-tenant solution. Well, I tried and failed at first. Not because SC couldn’t do most of what I wanted out of the box, so to speak, but because I wanted more than what it could do, without some serious workaround hacks.

So, what did I do? Give up? Walk away from some of the very timesaving features built into SC? I could have, I almost did. But then I stopped and reevaluated the benefits of using SC as a PHP IDE with some strong capabilities, and many useful tools to manage the complexity of my solution. Instead of jumping to other RAD PHP development tools like PHPRad, or other such comparative solutions, I did a complete pivot. I said, hey, I like this feature, and that feature, and this one too, but not this one or this one. And eventually I shifted my approach to where I am really satisfied. And here are some of the in development screens that demonstrate just what can be achieved by blending SC with the more traditional PHP, Javascript, AJAX and Jquery languages.

The first set of pics is what a user can access. The second set is what the Sys Admin accesses.

1. Login Screen (Using strong sha encryption)

2. Dashboard (Very early dev)

3. Account Settings (multi part ajax crud) with image upload

4. Service Design Blueprint dragable Cards using Packery Grid with Jquery search filter

5. Service Design Blueprint details (after clicking a card) with tab control

6. Service Design Blueprint details In-depth tab with integrated TinyMCE editor

Note that the button area at the bottom is floating, allowing the user to scroll without losing site of the action buttons.

As for the System Administration section, I decided to stick with the out of the box SC apps, primarily to save some time in development, and because this area is restricted to internal ops and not end user clients. It should be noted that aside from being able to manage tenants and their users, the admin section uses my unique page/element permission system I specifically wrote to replace the SC security model. I did use part of the SC security model, but scrapped the use of it to control access. My requirement goes well beyond SC, and I needed not only role based page access rights, but also role based element (field level) rights. And so I went with setting up a code level (using PHP and Jquery) set of functions stored in the database and controlled via the admin section.

1. Admin - Tenant list (Uses the SC grid app). One annoying bug is that I can’t change the Export buttons css.

2. Admin - Tenant Details with Users (Uses SC Form with embedded Grid)

3. Admin - Page Management List (Uses SC Grid)

4. Admin - Page Permission Details (Uses SC Form with multiple Master/Details)

5. Admin - Page Permission Elements Rules list with Element Jquery script.

And so, my show and tell is to really underscore that with creativity, lateral thinking, experimentation, and patience (trial an error often results in some rework until you work it all out) I think SC is still a very powerful and useful tool. Can it be better? Sure it can. Would I like to have some new features added? Absolutely. But don’t limit yourself to just waiting for SC to come to the party. Make it what you want. If it’s not the right fit for you, yes, try something else. But be creative first and foremost.

There, I’ve said my bit.

As always, have a great day!

Cheers

Ed

2 Likes

Very Inspiring @edfenech. How did you solve for the slowness issue if any. @ISS_Pfeiffer mentioned in his recent replies that, a single application outputs 42 files in a the application directory when compiled. Have you faced these challenges too. Kindly share your insights with us.
Cheers for the good job.
Frobliss

We are not in a competition on creativity, its all about [PRODUCTIVITY] that’s why we pay money, I can be creative for free right? and we are talking here about PROBLEMS, would you please tell how you are going to solve the problem of master/details in SC?

Have you seen the generated files? Why there are more than 40 files for a simple form even if this form is simple! can you solve this problem?

Have you seen the code? do you have any solution on how to edit it manually? its not me who want to do that, its my customer! and I have no answer why this code is huge!

We already tried something else and its perfect by the way! if you do not believe me then checkout this demo that has been built with native feature in the framework
https://test.awareim.com/AwareIM/request.awsprt#/home

Its creative enough, isn’t?

Why I am shouting here? why I am still here? because I have many projects for some of my clients and these projects were built in SC years ago so simply I have to upgrade them or start building them from scratch in another framework.