Refresh Grid when New MySQL Value

We use several embedded devices that write to MySql database outside ScriptCase App.
We know that grid refresh may be accomplished by automatic set-up every x seconds on the RAD form or program a refresh button in the application.
The question is:
Does anybody could hint a way to automatically refresh the application grid when a new record arrives to the table?

Not easy as your application has no clue that something is happening in the database. The only thing I can think of is the proces you describe. Other option could be a javascript polling in a way your user will not notify, and use ajax to run a process that investigates the database.

not very easy I think. I would go for your option. More difficult option would be a javascript timer that uses ajax to query a server process that keeps track of the database. But not easy to do in a case tool as SC I’m affraid.

As Albert suggest, you hace 2 ways. An automatic refresh based on timer, or a JS “service” working l with a timer too. If you want real time, check for projects pubnub https://github.com/pubnub/php

Thank you.

Hello electrocoder,
did you solve your issue about refreshing grid by JS instead of using SC refresh time setting ? I got the same problem in container but I need some help … ;-))

I still using SC refresh. I’ll post if find a solution.