Samples

OK, since the admin was so nice to create this section I will have initially few questions regarding mobile Apps.
Since I haven’t created one mobile App with SC some of my questions might sound ignorant, so please forgive me. I used B4A tool for some time to create Android Apps. It is a great tool however it is low lever coding. No easy shortcuts. Since I’m not a V coder I had to learn everything from scratch. Actually it uses its own Basic language. The downside is that I can only use it to develop for Android. There is B4J recently released which allows program for iOS. Both of them create fully native Apps. In many cases we need something which is quicker, doesn’t have to use device specific advanced function and most of all heavily uses databases. In this case SC8 seems to be perfect to fill the gap. Soon we will see if the tool is up to the expectations.

I would really appreciate if somebody from NetMake will answer this.

1. First of all (since SC8 was advertised) as mobile ready I would expect to see at least one demo App created which we can quickly install, generate and run on the mobile dev. I cannot locate any example App for mobile device. Are there any ?

2. How SC8 handles different screen sizes. Resizing images, fields, fonts, and field distances ?

3. Assuming I have a local web server installed on my mobile dev. (there are many choices) would it be possible to setup SQLite database, install the project on the phone and run everything locally ?

Arthur

3: you might want to try droidphp… I havent tested it tho.

Can you show the sample from sc (form mobile) on Android or IOS?

In a desktop browser no problem, on Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.4 and iPhone 5s with iOS 8 only a white site …

Edit: thats interesting … If i run the sample with smartphone via scriptcase.net / Samples / From Application / Form Mobile the App is running. If i run the link direct in the mobile browser, nothing is shown …

Somebody can share experiences on DroidPHP or other options? I’m interested on this, could be an option to migrate from Phonegap.

I’m not finding DROIDPHP on G-Play
although there are many other webserver apps

BTW - is there anything extra we need to do to get responsive design in SC project activated ? anything extra to make the App mobile aware ?
I haven’t tested anything yet but planning to start working on mobile part next few days.

Arthur

Please …, it’s a SC forum, not for other tools.

I agree. There are other forums for that.

Was just curiosity once mentioned, but yes, it’s not the right place for this.

Well, we are talking about hosting SC App on mobile device, I see nothing wrong with that. Apache server is not the only one that can run SC apps.
Initially however I asked if somebody has a Project which is already running on mobile device. In this case I do not mean hosting on Android but rather opening SC App on mobile device through the mobile web browser and having all responsive design templates in effect.

Arthur

[QUOTE=aka;27430]Well, we are talking about hosting SC App on mobile device, I see nothing wrong with that. Apache server is not the only one that can run SC apps.
Initially however I asked if somebody has a Project which is already running on mobile device. In this case I do not mean hosting on Android but rather opening SC App on mobile device through the mobile web browser and having all responsive design templates in effect.

Arthur[/QUOTE]
Phonegap could be an option, but I didn’t tried with SC yet.

Hello!

It is really a need install all those things on the cellphone instead of accessing it from the phone browser? I never tried to install SQLite in mobile because I have everything hosted on the clouds, then all I need to do is access it from the browser.

Scriptcase will identify the device that is accessing the application in order to decide what type of application to show, in the background when you create a form now it will generate two different ones, one for desktop and other for mobile device.

I will check out the example problem.

droidphp is on https://github.com/DroidPHP/DroidPHP so you can fiddle with it as you please. No fear for strange code on your own phone since you have complete access on the sources…

NET MAKE - please respond !

Well I have asked to SC8 mobile examples and we ended up talking about something else while the question is still not answered.

Can please some body from NET MAKE answer where / how can I have any project run on mobile device which looks like a mobile project (not zommed in website) ???

Arthur

[QUOTE=aka;27958]Well I have asked to SC8 mobile examples and we ended up talking about something else while the question is still not answered.

Can please some body from NET MAKE answer where / how can I have any project run on mobile device which looks like a mobile project (not zommed in website) ???

Arthur[/QUOTE]

Arthur,
Do you mean that you want to run a project that was developed with SC on mobile device!! if yes, this is simple, use your mobile browser to navigate the same address like your PC… that’s it… in SC7, only menu application does take the shape of the mobile properly… in SC8, the rest of the applications suite the mobile device screen better… this is all talking as SC as client… browsing apps from mobile… from a remote server…

Developing native applications for mobiles is different and it is related to the mobile OS, that’s why you will need in this case 3-4 versions for each project… i guess the web version will allow all to use the same web based version, the only disadvantage is that users will use their internet browsers… they can create “shortcuts” in their screens though

Guys in this thread are talking about hosting the server itself on the mobile device, something like hosting the sc core files on a mobile device and make it run apache/mysql…etc to act like website… which is interesting subject but (from my point of view) I don’t see it important or essential… as simply anybody will require a stable/robust project will put it somewhere that he trust can handle many connections, up and running 24/7 has high speed internet access, uninterrupted power supply, performance conditions…etc.

Again, it is nice experiment, but if you require only to open SC project as a client from your mobile, or to test it, then this is different… just focus on the first 2 sentences I wrote above, any web site can be run from mobile using mobile browser such as safari for iPhone, Internet for android or Chrome for mobile… opera…

Moreover, there is a mobile simulator that can run the applications on your PC yet simulating the mobile appearance e.g. “Opera mobile emulator” - although, this acts weird sometimes and doubles the typing! but still good compared to no other easy-to-use simulators, there are many off course but they are not so user friendly like this one, this answers your Q3, use this from the development environment PC see the mobile version of your app and continue developing… alternatively, connect your mobile to a the same network wifi and navigate to your PC production… assuming you deploy the project to your local pc as localhost… then use the browser in your mobile to browse: http://192.168.x.x/project

All the best
Mike

As clarification, sc8 fits on mobile if you use the new sc8 responsive templates

That’s a good addition. I haven’t found that in the docs. Since the SC8 templates aren’t ‘shocking’ and only a few People might want to select one of the others…

Thanks Giu, that is important point, other themes will not fit well, it will be just another website browsed from a mobile, without “compatibility”

Yes Albert, although i see the new themes attractive and more flexible? but lacking of mobile change-aspects GUI will make it not possible to change anything, especially if it is fundamental for developer to adjust mobile view somehow

Logic says that if this is finally a css and can be made to be defined like other stuff they already have, but might be more complicated due to various mobile screens detection and java handled behind that…

Even, though,

• they may do some of the main CSS, not all available to adjust
  • or do all of them as part of the theme advanced management

hmmmm, as there is no public road map, no public suggestions voting, no public bugs fixes, already a lot of things to do in their basket… communication and follow up in this regard will be also too hard, but that is my opinion

cheers

hmmmm, as there is no public road map, no public suggestions voting, no public bugs fixes, already a lot of things to do in their basket… communication and follow up in this regard will be also too hard, but that is my opinion

These are things Giu and myself are working hard on. Even the biggest tree must bend if the wind blows long and hard enough. It looks like we are going to have a breaking moment soon…

Good news, wish you all the best, you both are hard workers and “huge trees” therefore there will be no breaking moment nor bending

Ideal is that sc guys built a wind shield by fixing the main stuff, a big wind shield like those in the NL at A1 highway seen when you cross a bridge to protect some nearby villages :slight_smile:

Cheers

I hope the wind shield of sc will not be the A1 highway here. It holds sound which would mean that SC would not be able to hear us :wink: