ScriptCase 8 - Bugs

Glad it worked but …

Why did’nt you used the conversion recommended method?

Hi Bernhard, the bug with MsAccess ODBC connection persist, Sc8 can?t list the views in the datasource list when I try to cr?ate a grid application.

only list the tables, (since sc6.31 up to date).

please fix this bug because I continue using sc6.020 due to this bug, I never use the Sc7 and never will use Sc8 while this bug do not fixed.

thanks,
Aquiles

SOLVED

I am having a problem uploading a 38MB file to my scriptcase application using mysql as the backend database.

The file uploads and the progress shows 100% but the upload pending is still set and I cannot save the record. Any ideas on how to correct? Smaller files seem to work fine.

I have seemed to fix the upload issue (max_upload_size in php), but when you go to add the record to the database I get an error with an X and no message. I fixed this error condition by updating the my.cnf file with a change to the MAX_ALLOWED_PACKET = 500M entry.

These two setting changes fixed this error in v7 and v8.

Rob

sc8 upload.jpg

Hello Bernhard,

I’m currently developing on SC v8 and today I’ve been dealing with a problem that I’m not sure it’s just a version 8’s problem.
I wrote an app to upload a file (single file) and rename it using an onBeforeInsert event that is working perfectly, however I just noticed that even though in MySQL, the new name is saved correctly, the actual file is uploaded with the old name.
As this is my first time developing such a script in Scriptcase I don’t know if this is a normal behaviour in SC or I’m missing something here.
Should I write another script in an onAfterInsert event to rename the file again? (which would be really odd)
Any thoughts about it?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Ivan Saavedra Maufras

I converted to sc8 my app but on android mobile the button on login control form is not visible. I changed also with the new botton style but no change. Any help about it ?

Hello Bernard,

I have just converted one of my applications from V7.1 to V.8.
In a grid application, clicking the detail will show nothing. It’s working on V7.
I have changed some settings like show in another page / show in another window etc. The result is the same.

And calendar application is also too poor to use in a professional environment. I couldn’t see any color setting changing via event type. Any event type definition etc. Really frustrating ! This is a very very basic event field in all calendar app. Agenda view is also too poor! It can be in a daily grouping view in the order by time.

CHECKBOX Problem

Hi Bernhard
i imported my sc7.1 Apps to sc8. i have several checkboxes, some with lookups in DB Tables, some with manual lookup (Label=empty, Value=1). In SC7.1 works good. Now in SC8, the checkboxes with manual lookup not work AFTER navigate to a new record. Then the checkboxes disapear, only the Label shows. In the first record shows, everything ok. Also the checkboxes with DB Lookups works fine. Navigating back to the first record not helps… then also first record shows broken checkboxes.

I attach to screens which shows you the problem.

Thank’s for your help… i need this form :slight_smile:

Best regards
Steve

SecondRecord.jpg

FirstRecord.jpg

BUG in TO DO LIST:

if you forget to assign a responsible person for a task, then you will not be able to maintain it at all.

so be sure to enter a responsible person.

Anil

When updating an existing record on a form any manual set select fields loose their options after updating the record. When you navigate away from the record and come back the select options show up in the drop-down again, but if you hit “update” on the record they turn into drop-downs with 0 items available to select from.

Hello guys,

Just to let you know, we are currently reviewing and working on issues posted here.

regards,
Bernhard

When I run my application from my development environment I am seeing the following error (see below) on the home page of the sample document library. I am not using database sessions and I am using mysql connection so not sure why this sqlite error is occuring. When I deploy to my production site, I don’t see the messages. Please advise. This ran fine in the SC7.1 evironment.

Strict Standards: Declaration of ADODB_pdo_sqlite::_connect() should be compatible with ADODB_pdo::_connect($argDSN, $argUsername, $argPassword, $argDatabasename, $persist = false, $charset = ‘’) in /opt/NetMake/v8/wwwroot/scriptcase/prod/third/adodb/drivers/adodb-pdo_sqlite.inc.php on line 305

Error when saving changes to my form_tb_documents from document management. The form is not holding the single record setting. When changed and saved, error occurs.

Undefined offset: 6 | Script: /opt/NetMake/v8/wwwroot/scriptcase/devel/class/page/nmPageFld.class.php linha: 12346

Id do menu nao encontrado.
class:
file: /opt/NetMake/v8/wwwroot/scriptcase/devel/lib/php/functions.inc.php
function: StartIncItensCoolJsMenu
line: 2728
topico -> [sub_form]

Here is a screen shot of the connection error I get (posted in another thread.)

connection-issue.jpg

Error generating source…

Undefined offset: 0 | Script: /opt/NetMake/v8/wwwroot/scriptcase/devel/class/generator/nmDados.class.php linha: 2862

PDF with AliasNbPages do not work

After convert the sc7.1 to sc8 application, i have a lot of errors, some of them have been writen in other post.

I have some that are not posted before:

1. The pdf report is wrong in locations
  2. The margins are not working
  3. The AliasNbPages don’t work and generate a Fatal error: Call to undefined method TCPDF::AliasNbPages()
  4. The dynamic filter and search don’t work for checkbox, radio, select, etc fields

I’m waiting for a patch ASAP that correct this bugs and all i have read in the posts.

Thank you very much.

SC8 Import MS SQL

Creating New Project select existing template i.e. shop or helpdesk, select D/B MS SQL connecting , create a new db i.e. test no problem (SQL account is sa) save.

step 1/4 creating the new project Ticked
step 2/4 preparing the database and the application to import Ticked
step 3/4 importing the application Ticked
step 4/4 Creating the database Constantly process never finishes

Tried MSSQL Server Native SRV and PDO same issue. BUT SQLlite PDO works OK !

If I manually create a blank project create database, tables and views NO Problem with MSSQL.

Has anyone else tried the templates with MS SQL ?

sc8 Capture.JPG

Dynamic menu not showing in Android (old bug).

Just a compliment. This To-Do list is very cool. I really needed it.

I am trying to upload an *.ico file to images.

First does Scriptcase 8 support *.ico files

Second when trying to upload the error is “File exceeds the maximum size allowed of 5MB.” the file size is actually 2kb.

Thanks

Single valued manual checkboxes gone after navigating through records. Very annoying. Please fix it as early as possible.