Scriptcase 9.7 before November?

Hi,

My license ends on blackfriday (November 27, 2021), do you think a major version will be released by then?

I have the impression by looking at the changelog, that a major version comes out every year.

Thank you

No idea.
Normally when you dont see a minor update for a while it is because developers are working on a new major release, but in these days with Covid still around I am not so sure there will be a major release soon.

I hope…because php 7.3 will be supported until 2021 Dec, then end of life.
https://www.php.net/supported-versions.php

SC is not 100% compatible with php 7.4, 8.0…

A new release for this is a must

2 Likes

Instead of a new version, I prefer that repair all the bugs that has the actual version.

5 Likes

They should at least have released a version with 7.4 now because we need to be able to test our applications before going into production. Knowing SC I fear that if they do at some unexpected point, introducing loads of new whistles and bells causing new months of mourning due to all kinds of new bugs they will introduce. It always has been that way, so why should it be different now. I have had numerous discussions with them in the past hoping that they would first fix all the open issues, but the devs have a mind and will of their own.

5 Likes

Buenasss, falta varias cosas, mejorar la parte de reportes, y sobre todo, un vuelta para que funcione el tema de mobile.

1 Like

This is their leadership issue. They don’t believe in customer satisfaction. Very poor product support team. They take ages to get back on support tickets and also they always come back and say this is not an issue etc. They never give earlier installer. So it’s our duty to backup the installers every time they make a release.

I’m afraid I have to confirm that. That’s why I always make a full binary backup before upgrading.

1 Like

I have another experience, rather quick reaction and good advice, however it is not always easy to solve, many dependencies, different OS and hosting situation make it harder.
I develop on CentOS 6 public hosting, automatic updates do not work and there can be different permission issues with folders/files. any one uses scriptcase own dev hosting?
at least i would expect the latest soft installed and easier debugging. the installation is really huge , also the updates including the production env updates. deeper automation/diagnosis is welcome, like basis check of PHP functions , php settings and folder autorisations is a must

Yes a new version is coming. Scriptcase 9.7. A webinar E-Mail is being distributed for October 26, 2021.

Yes I see it ! YEAHH

@Yannick_Pavard your happiness depends on the new bugs .Depending on the time it takes to fix them.

Lol. Unfortunately, that is true. Every new version comes with loads of old and new bugs. It is up to us to test each feature, report, and hope for the best. That takes usually a couple of months :wink:

True true true, lot of bugs and misinformation, their website showing Vietnamese flag in application language but I couldn’t find it, contact to support and tell them to fix they request me to pay for support instead to fix their misinformation. Got to stop using SC and go to phprunner.

It is not that difficult to add that flag. But I see your point. Before moving look around and take trials. Nothing wrong with PHP maker, but currently there are more alternatives. But perhaps you did that :wink:

Oh !! I updated to 9.7. this evening !

@Yannick_Pavard mmm. Strange. Tell us about the news. They never update before the presentation.

Most important, are we on php 7.4 or better 8.0? If it is 7.3, then … Sometimes I feel like those old guys from the muppet show…

2 Likes

I haven’t seen any changes in functionality yet, is this a bug?

At least is weird, but from Netmake all things are possible. Did you force de update? Since the last 14 hours the manual update is offline.