ScriptCase vs Other PHP generators

Hi

First of all, I know this is a SC forum, so I understand it is naturally biased towards SC. I would like to know your opinions and experiences of other PHP generators like PHPRunner, PHPMaker or CodeCharge Studio. I will try the demos, but I also would like to know of anyone who has try any of these and how they compare them to SC.

Thx in adv.
Hugo

I test almost every single RAD php application and it took me almost 6 months to testing, and I found the SC is the best ever RAD php development and deployment application.

Features like master-detail, summaries, graphs and other sophisticated ones are the reason I choose Scriptcase. I use it since version 4.x and it is worth the effort.

I like Codecharge. But SC is better. It gives me an integrated application.

[QUOTE=Hugo;40228]Hi

First of all, I know this is a SC forum, so I understand it is naturally biased towards SC. I would like to know your opinions and experiences of other PHP generators like PHPRunner, PHPMaker or CodeCharge Studio. I will try the demos, but I also would like to know of anyone who has try any of these and how they compare them to SC.

Thx in adv.
Hugo[/QUOTE]

I just tested others generators, not too much, for this reason maybe my opinion is not very fair but.
Codecharge, obsolete. Seems like abandone by its creators.
Others, just generatos.

Scriptcase. For me SC is more than just a generator. You can develop faster, and can do whathever you want, if SC don’t provide it, you can use blank application to do whathever.
Yes, it generates code, but is not just a PHP generator, is a Platform to create web applications.

I came from the CodeCharge Studio camp over here. CodeCharge could be so great but its very hard to create a stable working environment for it and its development has appeared to stop. I still monitor the forums but have not heard any word from the developers as to if they are even working on updates for over 2 years.

Thx. to all for the answers, very helpful.

Scriptcase is the best for me.

www.LiviApps.com (Scriptcase International)
www.OwenSolution.com (Scriptcase Indonesia)

Turbophp is fun to play with… Tho only for fixed size pages so that is the bad side…

Besides that the forum and download are offline? This is a not a serious product imho.

I tested some for more than 6 month: phprunner, phpmaker and ironspeed ( its a .NET, VB.NET, C#) & a serious contender. Trust it also falls short when compared to SC. However ironspeed can create native IOS & Android apps. Thats a plus, but even then it doesn’t beat SC

Before we started using SC a few years ago we have tested almost everything on the market. There’s a lot to say about SC as there’s a lot positive, but also some negative points. But compared to our experiences SC is by far the best in it’s field. But we haven’t looked into the other product for a few years now, so… fwiw

AppGini looks good … and generates mobile friendly apps.

1 Like

I used AppGini for a while and it is very good - however, it is nowhere near as flexible as SC.

Also, it is one chap who builds and maintains it and so it takes a while for updates / new versions to come through.

1 Like

I have just started testing SC 8.1 after CodeCharge Studio and before that Code Charge when it first came out. I am not a programmer but wa was able to create a complex system to run a tour operation. with CCS, over a number of years of refinement. I like it a lot but the updates are slow, about 2-3 years apart and a lot changes happen in web commerce in 2-3 years. I am starting a new similar project for a new incoming tour operator so before starting with CCS, I wanted to seek something more modern in presentation. I am still working with demos and trying to learn SC and think the learning curve is going to be longer than CCS. But it looks good and will use the trial period to get a handle on it before buying it. Price is reasonable. For those working with a variety of scripting languages, CCS is very flexible, being able to create different ports of the same project easily. So far I like the interface and easy incorporation of AJAX but for some often repeated tasks there are a lot more steps to created a customized editable grid or record form. I really extended the CCS project with shopping cart with card processing, creating documents for registering tours with immigration, printing tickets online, passport data collection, scheduling guides, transportation , print out a on-the-fly tour booklet based on the itinerary for the specific tour, and a private messaging system.
I want to the same sort of thing with SC 8.1 if I buy it, but with even more features. What I am hoping for is a system ready in the spring. After a week or so of testing I will decide which system to use.
Of those looked at, these two are the most flexible for a wider range of user skill, from my impressions. CCS is a lot better than some of the posts here suggest, and it is still active. I expect a major update version within the next 6 months, based on the last 12 years of experience.

Besides functionality it’s important to see how the community responds on issues, questions etc. It’s been a while I worked with ccs, and I looked at their forum. Not much going on there. The slow progress in versions was my main reason to quit, but again a long time ago. For me SC is the upper product, but being a reseller that’s a logical remark. If you are not a programmer then you might run into issues with SC. You can do a lot without programming but at the end you simply need to know php.

I am still working with demos and trying to learn SC and think the learning curve is going to be longer than CCS. But it looks good and will use the trial period to get a handle on it before buying it. Price is reasonable. For those working with a variety of scripting languages,

NOOR

Of all the tested generators for me ScriptCase the best.

It lacks a German community, or at least German instructions.

Bye
Mansaylon

German: Es gibt einige deutschsprachige User hier und weiter unten ist auch ein deutschsprachiger Bereich eingerichtet, den man nur nutzen m?sste …

Hi hnoor0044, I was far away from the 1982 work in the world of 'computer programming language (Visual Basic, Visual C++, C, C++), are about 4 years that have passed to the world-web,
I can guarantee that Script Case is definitely the BEST EVER, lacking only an enhancement for the mobile version and have some more documentation.
I hope that Netmake Improve the Mobile.

Scriptcase has it’s flaws, but it’s the best in his sector. The main reason, is SC don’t has any competing product in the same level (features/price)… yet.