[SOLVED] ADONewConnection: Unable to load database driver

I’m getting this error when I tried to download an update from SC v7.0.005 to v7.0.006.

The full error is:

Syntax error in file: FULL PATH TO SC INSTALL FOLDER /prod/third/adodb/drivers/adodb-pdo.inc.php

ADONewConnection: Unable to load database driver ‘’

I have PDO installed on my server and SC seems to be working fine. This is the first time I have tried a version update, but I did test the update in the past and it seemed to work fine. It found a few things and installed them.

Now my installation is trashed and can not access it.

Help!

Found one problem. When the update began and wrote files to my server it set permissions at 204, and the files would not run. My server is setup with suPHP so all files should be 644 and folders 755. I set the permissions on the updated driver files and I am back in, but why is it changing permissions on downloaded files?

Found the problem. The update set new file permissions to 204 and they would not run on my server. I am running as suPHP.

This is not SOLVED at all !!!

Well done for finding the reason but it is not acceptable that the update should do this.

204 is Owner:Write and World: Read - What’s the point of that.

I’ve found it incredibly hard to install on a brand new VPS I got for the job and I am sure most general hosting would not be up to it.

Script case is supposed to be easy for multi-developer use. It IS a FANTASTIC product once you actually get to use it.

[QUOTE=cateappstech;13446]This is not SOLVED at all !!!

Well done for finding the reason but it is not acceptable that the update should do this.

204 is Owner:Write and World: Read - What’s the point of that.

I’ve found it incredibly hard to install on a brand new VPS I got for the job and I am sure most general hosting would not be up to it.

Script case is supposed to be easy for multi-developer use. It IS a FANTASTIC product once you actually get to use it.[/QUOTE]

Admin set this as Solved, but as you can see from my post, I fixed this myself by resetting permissions manually.

Actually this is the first time I had a problem with an update. From what you say the current install file appears to have the same issue with setting permissions on files.

got this problem now, have just updated my platform and now getting this stupid error???!! WTF??
I have no file or folder permission issues that I can tell, all as they should be, yet I am getting this stupid error on the front page, have confirmed the permissions are set to 777 on the conf, files, tmp folder. believe that to be the lot of them…

Nice this was closed with no explanation would of sure been helpful now… thank god I have this up on my demo site before full launch!!!

The explanation/solution is as follows as I did it (assuming using windows!)
Turn off the scriptcase service.
Backup your scriptcase dir for safety sake.
Go to your scriptcase dir: c:\Program Files (x86)\NetMake\v8\wwwroot\scriptcase
Rename config_.php to config.php
Start the scriptcase service.
Use a browser and go to your scriptcase url but with somewhat different url, in my case https://172.16.0.65:88/scriptcase/config.php
Now you get a screen with:

… well for the picture see the next post…

Set the Server/User/Password correctly!! For windows and scriptcase V8 the path is: C:\Program Files (x86)\NetMake\v8\wwwroot\scriptcase\devel\conf\scr iptcase
m_scriptcase.db
Check it first tho if the path is correct on your own machine.
Use the user: admin en the Password the one you have chosen yourself when you installed scriptcase.
For DBMS choose SQLite PDO (this is the normal setting, I suspect that you can also have scriptcase run from a real database server like mariadb, oracle, mysql etc… but that is a different story).

Click on the salvar button (it means save).

once logged in your database connection will reset properly.
Logout again.
Your config.php will become config_.php again.

Now go to your normal scriptcase dir via your browser and it will work again…

I followed these steps, using a different path to the .db file as Im on linux server… and it let me log back in… but now it says my license is invalid and it wont let me register my scriptcase. I tried requesting a new license, but it also wont work.

Have same issue with linux and solved by renaming config.php and pointing db file. Thanks +++