When is Scriptcase 6 going to be released?

Re: When is Scriptcase 6 going to be released?

Edit: Please do not advertise 3rd party commercial tools.
i’m a little tired of waiting :slight_smile:

if i wait more, my anual subscription to scriptcase will die and i won’t be able to upgrade anyway

Hi guys,
I’m also really disappointed about how Netmake is deploying the new release.
Please consider seriously the deployment path with real milestones and dates, come only to your community when you consider every step on your deployment path has succeeded otherwise you will lose credibility and that’s not good these days in the current economic scenario.
in summary, BE SERIOUS do not create FRUSTRATION or FALSE EXPECTATIONS.

Regards

hmmm…seems sc6 have many bug.

Maybe they run out of fund to run the project. This is why they keep delay the SC v6 Launching. and hopefully all users will continue paying the renewal subscription.

Seems like the longer they delay, the more NEGATIVE news for their reputation.

Well, what the people behind Netmake/Scriptcase don’t realize is that they shouldn’t have started the hype about SC 6 back in August of last year when it was clear that they couldn’t deliver.

They specifically lured people into extending their “upgrade option” which is what in legal terms is called “false advertising”. For example: we extended our option on September 10th, 2011 - now, 4 months later, still no SC 6 in sight.

They are at "98% with testing done??? Haha.
As every developer knows: the last 2 percent are the hardest and take the longest. I wouldn’t be surprised if SC6 arrives in April 2012 or even later.

But the worst part is this: it’s not just us developers who are waiting on the sidelines. We made promises to our customers as well in regards to the new features. Now we are getting calls every week, and it is harder and harder to come up with new “explanations” for the delay. It’s embarrassing for us and we loose our reputation the longer this goes on.

At the very least, I would expect a VERY senior executive of Netmake/Scriptcase to come forward now and give an official & realistic release date, even if it says “End of 2012”.

Secondly, I would demand that the timer on the “upgrade option” they sold us on 4 months ago is being reset to a full year upon the actual release of SC6.

I strongly agreed what Charismator had said.

Maybe ScriptCase is reaching EOL cycle.

Secondly, I would demand that the timer on the “upgrade option” they sold us on 4 months ago is being reset to a full year upon the actual release of SC6.

sign …

I can’t wait for SC6 to release.

We got close to release it yesterday, we got stuck in a few things, you can check it out on the facebook fanpage. http://www.facebook.com/scriptcase

Let me ask a question for you guys, I’am really confused to open the company up a little bit for you guys, but im not sure if I’m doing the right thing, do you guys think that is a good thing to tell those internal dates in the forum? or maybe rollback when it was before, let me know what you think about it please.

What is the meaning for ‘Close to release it’? For my understanding is ‘Still cannot release on the schedule date / time’.

In fanpage dated 23Jan2012, ‘So far, so good! Everthing is running fine for the release, in 6-7 hours we want to release the v6.’ What does this means?

in fanpage dated 17Jan2012, ‘Hello there, there is a post down in the fanpage explaning that it will be released 23th of January.’

If NetMake never announce that their SC6 will release soon on Jul 2011, some customer might choose other competitor coz some of them already come out new release with better features.

But the longer NetMake delay in SC6, people will expect more features on the software and SC6 should be ERROR FREE when release. Am I right?

Carlos,
Here you have my input to your question.
I prefer transparency and a clear deployment plan so that means that you can propose for instance a certain number of alpha, beta, release candidate versions… available to be tested by your scriptcase community thus we can:

1. help you to speed up final release launch.
  2. find a major number of bugs and let you know to reduce the possiblity of facing those issues once you issue what you consider the “final” release.
  3. help you to commit with your launch plan considering you issue 1 new release every 6 months, every year… whatever.
  4. plan, plan and plan… you cannot create false expectations to your community since many of us (as mentioned in many entries in this post) have also committed with their clients an upgrade plan, new functionalities… otherwise be honest and recognize you cannot meet your plan and let us decide if we are worth to wait or move to another solution.

Thanks

In fanpage - ‘We just got everthing cleared, SC v6 is ready, all we are doing now is the final tests and then is release time! The new website is almost ready too!’
follow by - ‘almost 1am here time to bail, not today, late start tomorrow again.’

I think all SC FAN gotto have a long waiting period again…

When I look @ the message ‘almost 1am here time to bail, not today, late start tomorrow again.’ I found that maybe this company is only like 1 man show company, quite dangerous when coming to this situation. That means your investment can be gone in anytime.

For what it is I don’t think SC has a competitor; if there is I’d like to know about it.

Sorry, because this reason:-
Please do not advertise 3rd party commercial tools.

So can’t show it here. LOL

Actually there are some Free and / or Commercial tools for php/mysql… Go wiki and check there :slight_smile:

still waiting for sc6…

Refer to fanpage - ‘Do you guys think this daily update from what we are doing is a good thing? Give us your opinion.’

It means, SC6 is still not yet ready for release & they’re trying hard to get reason for excuse. Daily update is just to inform everyone that we’re working hard on it and keep delay the product. But when to release? According to forum & fanpage, all given date are OVERDUED.

I think lots of SC users reputation being affected by this issue.

Anyway, just wait and see how powerful after the long delay. Is it all BUG FIXED? or Full Release become Beta Version?

In fanpage - ‘Scriptcase PHP Code Generator We are working on guys, I’m really not sure how long does this final test phase is going to last.
3 hours ago

See, they also can’t confirm when to release but for sure is SOON since July 2011 (Six months ago). LOL

hmmm,i think its ,zend trouble ,its take along time to fix it, may be they must re-assemble from scratch sc6 its take along…along time, i guest 2 month again…:frowning:

I have a couple of the ones you mention. They are not Scriptcase. My point is that while there are plenty of code generators out there, SC is the more of a hybrid code generator and RAD IDE than any of those.

@justtalk, I think maybe that name is the best name you could have chosen! I have been evaluating web-app RADs and CodeGens for a number of years and there is no tool out there that can compete with SC. The only ones I have found either require a runtime, or need java stacks, or require a (often paid-for) application server on the back-end, etc. I have actually bought a number of products and then further down a complex project’s road, have had to throw them out. Sure, SC is not perfect but it is the best there is? If not, please enlighten me with actual products, not pointers to Wikis…

All this griping about when will SC6 arrive is not productive: serious developers would rather have a bug-free (or as near as is posssible) product that is late, than a buggy product that is on time. Are you a serious developer?

First of all, zacc, I’m not trying to argue with you. Just discuss.

Actually scriptcase have their own library in _lib folder too. & require to install ZendOptimizer in order to run scriptcase under php 5.2. & php 5.3 doesn’t support ZendOptimizer but ZendGuardLoader. Am I right?

Sure I’m. If not, do you think I need to spend so much time to look for a better development tools & test it out before purchase it? LOL

I temporary need to leave this forum coz my project is almost reach the deadline due to wait for SC6 (Plan to develop the appz under SC6) but now no choice got to choose other php code generator (phpRxxxxx from xlinxxxxx).

To everybody - Happy waiting :slight_smile: